• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

|| Photoshop CC || When I modify a graphic inside an other graphic, the modifications wont apply. Why ?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

So let me explain my problem.

I am making the UI for a online shop.

Here is the case:

I want to build a design to display a white shirt, I need to create 3 graphics elements.

Graphic 1

Button1 - I draw a rounded rectangle and apply specific color, radius, shadow.

Graphic 2

Button1 + text - I load Button1 in this graphic and write inside "View more details"

Graphic 3

WhiteShirtBox  - I will create a box with a picture of a white shirt, the price and load the graphic Buttons1 + text.

My problem

When I modify Graphic1, for example I decide to remove the shadow, my modifications will not show in WhitShirtBox. It seems that the Graphic is broken even if I still can double click it a modify it.

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 6.13.20 PM.png

Why ? Is it something that I can not do ? Should I use an other software ? Should I download a plugin ? Help !

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your replies !

[Moved by moderator from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Photoshop Forum for technical help]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

I see what you are trying to do now - I'm awake now and in Photoshop - actually pretty clever - ignore my other response ;P.

You just need to right click on the layer with the warning and choose Update Modified Content .

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 10.27.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you "loading" the graphics? I have no idea what you are doing. Are you using smart objects? Layer groups? Libraries? Can you post a screenshot of your layers and what you are having issues with? The screenshot you provided isn't helpful.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to build a design to display a white shirt using graphics from library that I load by drag and dropping them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.25.39 AM.png

I need to create 3 graphics elements.

Graphic 1

Button1 - I draw a rounded rectangle and apply specific color, radius, shadow.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.21.44 AM.png

Graphic 2

Button1 + text - I load Button1 in this graphic and write inside "View more details"

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.23.11 AM.png

Graphic 3

Box  - I will create a box with a picture of a white shirt, the price and load the graphic Buttons1 + text.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.26.47 AM.png

My problem

When I modify Graphic1, for example I decide to change the color,

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.28.48 AM.png

my modifications will not show...

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.25.39 AM.png

It seems that the Graphic is broken in Button1+View details.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.29.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.29.20 AM.png

Why ? Is it something that I can not do ? Should I use an other software ? Should I download a plugin ? Help !

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your replies !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answers ! I really need to know what problem is it as soon as possible. Have a wonderful day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see what you are trying to do now - I'm awake now and in Photoshop - actually pretty clever - ignore my other response ;P.

You just need to right click on the layer with the warning and choose Update Modified Content .

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 10.27.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update the graphic from the library. I think it's in the layer fly out menu. When I get in front of my computer I'll do a screenshot for you.

You want the color change to be permanent, so all buttons ate now blue? If not, I suggest you make different color buttons. I also suggest that you wait until you are finished to put everything into your libraries.

Libraries are meant to hold images so you can access them from any app at any time And of course, easily reuse elements.  It seems to me that you are using them as an integral part of your design process, as in each piece goes into and comes out of the library, like how we work in Adobe Animate. They aren't meant to be used in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines