• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 259 Replies 259
New Here ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.How long will it be before a fix/patch has been made? Will it be days or weeks? As I am unable to start Photoshop 5.Very disappointed after uninstalling the Adobe Photoshop CS 4 Extended first , prior to the new CS5 installation ! Now I don't have any software to use ! PLEASE TELL ME AS TO WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO BETA / PRE TESTING ? Doesn't Adobe do there homework first ? Or is it a slap dash,"suck it and see" approach ? What has happened to testing prior to its full release ? I fully understand that I didn't expect Adobe Premier Pro or Effects to work because of the 64 bit issues.This is what I was prepared for ! There are recommendations on the packaging as to system requirements.But I wasn't ready and prepared for Photoshop CS 5 not to work at all.Is this an over site on my part ? I am lead to believe that a faster, more manageable and efficient new software is to be achieved at my expense,as in a new upgrade to all of my computer system ? Or that Adobe has achieved this , through better and improved software? I would appreciate your response . All the best from a disappointed and let down NUGCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know when a fix will be available yet.  We're still testing a fix internally.  It takes time to make sure that the fix is done properly and doesn't break anything else.

During beta testing, one person saw this problem but upgraded his system and we lost the opportunity to track it down.  We had trouble finding a matching processor that we could test with inside Adobe.  Heck, even AMD had trouble finding one.

You *are* using a 10+ year old processor that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements given for Photoshop CS5.  We try to keep the code working regardless of the system requirements, but something slipped through the cracks.

Why did you uninstall CS4?  There was no need to remove older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least, I did NOT uninstall CS4 (although I know some people

did). But I have no intention (or budget) to upgrade my system. It was all I

could manage to get the CS5 upgrade! I'm still hoping someone finds a fix

before my 30-day window runs out.

In a message dated 5/14/2010 11:17:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

We don't know when a fix will be available yet. We're still testing a fix

internally. It takes time to make sure that the fix is done properly and

doesn't break anything else.

During beta testing, one person saw this problem but upgraded his system

and we lost the opportunity to track it down. We had trouble finding a

matching processor that we could test with inside Adobe. Heck, even AMD had

trouble finding one.

You are using a 10+ year old processor that doesn't meet the minimum

system requirements given for Photoshop CS5. We try to keep the code working

regardless of the system requirements, but something slipped through the

cracks.

Why did you uninstall CS4? There was no need to remove older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about e-mail us the fix and we'll beta test it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is good think. Give us a beta FIX and we will test it on our computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old AMD Athlon XP proccessor, so I can join the test too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also join a test, I have two of these systems lying around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.In reply to uninstalling of Photoshop CS4. Firstly it has always been good practice for me and im sure for others.To uninstall similar software to avoid any possible conflicts prior to installation ! There is no reason for keeping the software on my computer,taking up valuble hard drive space.Why should I spend good money on new updated and so called improved software.To then revert back to the older software ? Why doesnt Soundbooth,Encore and In-Design start aswell.Is this all because of my antiquated CPU ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the video and audio apps require a 64 bit processor in CS5.

InDesign - I have no idea.  But do check the system requirements for that product, and let them know (in their forums) about the launch problem you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any good news to report?  I'm sure there are still a lot of AMD Athlon users out there (like me) who are waiting to see if they have to return their Photoshop CS5 software, since it doesn't work on those processors!  I only wanted it to be able to open RW2 raw files, so it won't be a hardship to ask for my money back.  Of course, it will probably be a long time now before I upgrade any of my other Adobe software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have good news!

I just purchased CS5 and I love it!

Sorry to ya'll who are having troubles.

CG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

facepalm... Oo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my just downloaded CS5 upgrade to "AMD ATHALON XP" users (nonusers) group.  :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While  there is no fix, I'll use  G I M P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem... everytime i try to run the cs5 the error appears...
i just installed it as trial...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Im running Windows XP3, Intel Core 2 Quad 8200, Intel DG31PR, 2GB of RAM, 1GB nvdia 9400

thanks for the help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

That means you have a completely unrelated error.

Intel Core 2 Quad 8200,

That, too means you have a problem completely unrelated to the AMD (or other older processors without SSE2) specific error being discussed here.

Please create a new topic to discuss your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris...ok..but what about our problem with Aplication error - (0xc000001d)  do you work on this to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris...ok..but what about our problem with Aplication error - (0xc000001d)  do youwork on this to fix it?

Please read the previous posts.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error with an AMD processor

System architecture: AMD CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP

I had the simular problem with the Trial version of Topaz DeNoise and they issued a replacement Dll file "tlidenoise40.dll"

riscosuser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this topic, because I google this problem many days ago, but got no information.

I got the same issue using my desktop pc with Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1.75G DDR400, nForce2 motherboard, G400 Max video.

It's OK to install Photoshop CS5 to my Laptop with Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 and works fine.

I really like CS5, hope Adobe could handle this problem and give us a fix very soon, thanks in advance.

Frank Zhou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list, same problem, Athlon XP 2000+, I know these CPU's are techincally not supported, but would really appreciate a fix. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 0xc000001d

and i have AMD Athlon(tm) xp 2800+  2,08GHz   2GB Ram i'm  using Windows 7

I hope  problem will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

I got an AMD Sempron 3000+ and I'm running Windows 7. Waiting for a patch now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it comes soon. I'm getting my money back for the PS CS5 download if

a patch that will let AMD Athlon XP use it isn't available by next Friday!

In a message dated 5/21/2010 11:08:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

Same problem here.

I got an AMD Sempron 3000+ and I'm running Windows 7. Waiting for a patch

now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the same error:

my processor:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2,16 GHz

Ram: 2,00 GB

Systemtyp: 32-bit

Language: German

wating for a patch, too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines