• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clint - then try disabling groups of plugins until you narrow down the one that is causing your clipboard problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem no longer exist when I disable Nik HDR Effex Pro. I have downloaded the latest version and tried Nik's solution listed in post 85.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email April 6th from Nik that HDR Effex Pro 1.2 update had been released. Installed it and now my clipboard works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a waste of time among the passionate.  Adobe could fix this but doesn't.  Keep going.  All  of you. Praise management!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diveares wrote:

What a waste of time among the passionate.  Adobe could fix this but doesn't.  Keep going.  All  of you. Praise management!

And in turn, what a waste of time reading your useless post.

Just how could Adobe fix problems caused by a 3rd party plug-in, pray tell?  By disabling the ability to install 3rd party plug-ins?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am really late to this thread, and it's quite a confusing one. I am not sure what's up or down.

Regardless, I just wanted to say that I am having the awful clipboard problem. It really kneecaps my productivity.

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64, with CS5 32bit at the moment. I have no 3rd party plugins.

If I can be of any help at all in solving this problem, I will gladly pitch in.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

WIndows 7, PhotoShop CS5 64 bit

Only difference. I could paste about 2 or 3 different sreenshots before my clipboard wasn't updated anymore. Only a PS restart would clear the clipboard. I''ve been scanning this thread and saw a lot of pointers about Plug-ins. As far as I know I've none, that weren't there with the install, so I tried this and it worked.

• I went into my PS CS5 64 bit folder and renamed the "Plug-ins" folder to "Plug-ins__" (to prevent them from loading)
  • Restarted photoshop and pasting worked like a charme (I've tested up to 15 screenshots several times and didn't notice any hickups)
  • After that I renamed the folder back, restarted PS, and pasting is still working.

So this is what I found out and I realize this sounds absolutely crazy. I'm not an expert, but renaming a folder inside your program files needs administrator approval. I you confirm, you can rename the folder. Same for renaming it back. So my guess, is that there are some rights issues on this folder initially, that mess up the clip board access. By accessing this folder for renaming, those rights get changed and you're back in business.

I know this is a thin one, but it's fast one to check for yourself and maybe it works for you. And unlikely, but maybe this is a new clue for the people of Adobe and MS.

Cheers,

Yves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Even though I am running the 32bit version, I tried Yves solution and it worked.

In Windows Explorer I renamed the Plug-ins folder to Plug-ins_ just to change it. I launched PS and copy and paste worked perfectly. I quit PS, renamed the folder back and launched PS again. Copy and paste worked perfectly.

It's weird I know, but it worked.

Cheers,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith@Intergraph wrote:

I quit PS, renamed the folder back and launched PS again. Copy and paste worked perfectly.

Are your plug-ins still available now?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any 3rd party plug-ins installed. All the normal stock plug-ins work fine.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noel

The only plugin I downloaded, that I am aware of, is "ICOFormat64.8bi" to get support for icons. And the Save as ICO option is still available in my dialog. So for now. Yes, it works.

@Keith. TnX for checking.

I hope there are more people who can have a go at it. If this appears to be working for the majority, maybe the people at Adobe and MS know where to look and hopefully conclude it's an easy to fix thing.

It was a real pain in the ***. I don't know how many of you use repeated screenshots to get the lay outs of their css design right the same way I do (this field needs to be x pixels wider then I had in my previous screenshot to match the original design).... Working this way means about 5 to 10 screenshots a minute. Stopping and starting PS all the time, slows you down quite a bit.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my work I take tons of screenshots each day, pasting them into PS for all kinds of purposes. Having to close and re-open PS all day long has been a drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months of working correctly, I now have the clipboard problem again.

The first clip will paste and never again.

I have no new plugins.

I tried the rename, rename Plugins folder to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for some time. PS CS5 64-bit, Windows 7.  I tried renaming the plug in dir and starting PS and the clipboard works fine.  I put back the original dir name, started PS and the clipboard is broken again.  The only plug in I have purchased is Viveza 2 by Nik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be absolutely sure...  Find the Nik plug-in itself, and rename it by putting a tilde (~) in front of the name to disable it.  Make sure the problem follows just the presence/absence of that plug-in.

Assuming that specific plug-in is at fault, It seems pretty clear, then... You need to contact Nik and demand an updated version to fix this problem.

Breaking the clipboard is an absolutely unacceptable side effect, and th

ey can't very well refute that it's their problem if you present them with this kind of evidence.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, renaming the plug-ins subfolder then renaming it back seems VERY unlikely to solve any problem.  To the person or persons who did this and found it to make a difference, I would ask whether it was possible that any other factors changed at the same time.  It seems to me it must be a coincidence.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel. Being a software developer and architect for over 20 years, I would be one of the first to say that renaming the plug-ins folder and changing it back wouldn't do anything.

But, it did.

I have no freaking idea why it worked, but it did. I can ALT+PRT SCRN all day long and Photoshop works perfectly now. Before it was a productivity nightmare.

Cheers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and I seem to share the same background, Keith.  I wasn't disputing that you saw what you saw; I believe you.

And if you're like me, you HATE it when the computer does something you can't explain.

I can only guess that starting Photoshop without the offending plug-in present (or some other coincidental factor that occurred when you did that) caused a setting to be changed, where it would not have done that (for some reason) as long as the plug-in was present.  It's also just hard to imagine such a setting, that would unclog the clipboard.  Lots of stuff that seems unlikely all together in one theory.

Unfortunately your particular sequence doesn't seem to be working for all others.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added ~ to the names of the Viveza plug in and its selective tool plugin and the clipboard works great.

I restored the name of just the selective tool and the clipboard is broken again.

More experiments:

only put ~ in front of only the selective tool, not the main plug in and the clipboard works fine.

only put ~ in front of plug ins folder name and clipboard works fine.

These experiments are repeatable.

It appears, in my case, to be the selective tool that comes with the Nik Viveza plug in.  I will update my case with them.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reference. posts 88 and 118

My guess is that the Nik Software fix for their Color Efex Pro 3.0, which works for me, .will also fix your problem with Viveza 2.

Download this file as described in NIK post 88 and my 118 post

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794472/SelToolInst.cfg?dl=1

and copy it to the Selective Tool folder.

Restart CS5 and things should be good again.

Good luck!

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does!

Thanks!

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Alan -- glad something works now and then!

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say mine is working. Despite having reported here that my problem had disappeared, it appears I was a bit hasty. There are times when it works fine. However, there are many times when it does not work at all. I have not managed to find any specific pattern to the clipboard behavior, but I do know that I have no third party Plug-ins running - this is a plain vanilla Photoshop CS5 install here. To complicate my life even more, I just upgraded Acrobat to version X and I find that Acrobat now seems to have a similar problem - at least when I copy to the Acrobat clipboard, its contents are not available to any other programs.

The Plug-in manufacturers have been taking a beating over this, but my theory is that there are a number of ways to stimulate this problem, Plug-ins being one. Otherwise, how could we have such wide-ranging reports here?

Steve Cavanaugh :: Technical Writer:: Coinstar, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been reading on a bit, since my latest post. I've spotted only one new post, where the name - rename didn't work. Correct? Also I see most of the people have fresh installs of CS5 (vanilla ---- @Mr. Benttop --- lol, cool expression), without other 3rd party plugins.

So I'm going to give it a go again. Wouldn't it be possible that one (or more) of the factory plugins are messing things up for the Windows 7, 64 bit users. Reading all posts, I strongly believe this is the case. If we track down, which one, we're one step closer, right?

Anyone out here who knows the default Plug-ins directory this well, that he or she could make an educated guess on which plug could get unstable, bearing "Windows 7" "64 bit" and "clipboard" in mind. The "victims" could try renaming that specific plugin and report their findings here.

This should work narrowing things down for the people @ MS and Adobe. What do you reckon?

Cheers to all,

Yves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are quite a lot of possibilities in the Plug-Ins folder even on a vanilla setup:

3D Engines

Photoshop3DEngine.8BI

ADM

ADMPlugin.apl

Automate

CropPhotosAuto.8LI

HDRMergeUI.8BF

WIASupport.8LI

Digimarc

Win64

DigiRead.8bf

DigiSign.8bf

Digiread

cs.lproj

Localizable.strings

da.lproj

Localizable.strings

de.lproj

Localizable.strings

en_US.lproj

Localizable.strings

es.lproj

Localizable.strings

fi.lproj

Localizable.strings

fr.lproj

Localizable.strings

hu.lproj

Localizable.strings

it.lproj

Localizable.strings

ja.lproj

Localizable.strings

ko.lproj

Localizable.strings

nb.lproj

Localizable.strings

nl.lproj

Localizable.strings

pl.lproj

Localizable.strings

pt_BR.lproj

Localizable.strings

ro.lproj

Localizable.strings

ru.lproj

Localizable.strings

sv.lproj

Localizable.strings

tr.lproj

Localizable.strings

uk.lproj

Localizable.strings

zh_CN.lproj

Localizable.strings

zh_TW.lproj

Localizable.strings

Digisign

cs.lproj

Localizable.strings

da.lproj

Localizable.strings

de.lproj

Localizable.strings

en_US.lproj

Localizable.strings

es.lproj

Localizable.strings

fi.lproj

Localizable.strings

fr.lproj

Localizable.strings

hu.lproj

Localizable.strings

it.lproj

Localizable.strings

ja.lproj

Localizable.strings

ko.lproj

Localizable.strings

nb.lproj

Localizable.strings

nl.lproj

Localizable.strings

pl.lproj

Localizable.strings

pt_BR.lproj

Localizable.strings

ro.lproj

Localizable.strings

ru.lproj

Localizable.strings

sv.lproj

Localizable.strings

tr.lproj

Localizable.strings

uk.lproj

Localizable.strings

zh_CN.lproj

Localizable.strings

zh_TW.lproj

Localizable.strings

Effects

Filter Gallery.8BF

Extensions

FastCore.8BX

MMXCore.8BX

MultiProcessor Support.8BX

ScriptingSupport.8li

ScriptUIFlexPhotoshop.swf

ScriptUIFlexServer-app.xml

ScriptUIFlexServer.swf

File Formats

Cineon.8BI

Dicom.8BI

JPEG2000.8BI

PBM.8BI

PCX.8BI

Pixar.8BI

Radiance.8BI

U3D.8BI

WBMP.8BI

Filters

Average.8BF

ChannelPort.8BF

Clouds.8BF

Lens Blur.8BF

Lens Correction.8BF

LightingEffects.8BF

Liquify.8BF

NTSC Colors.8BF

Solarize.8BF

Standard MultiPlugin.8BF

VanishingPoint.8BF

Variations.8BF

Lighting Styles

2 O'clock Spotlight

Blue Omni

Circle of Light

Crossing

Crossing Down

Five Lights Down

Five Lights Up

Flashlight

Flood Light

Parallel Directional

RGB Lights

Soft Direct Lights

Soft Omni

Soft Spotlight

Three Down

Triple Spotlight

Image Stacks

statistics.8BA

Import-Export

Save for Web.8BE

Measurements

MeasurementCore.8ME

Panels

It might take a bit of time trying each of those for long enough to really "know" that you've found it.

Steve Cavanaugh :: Technical Writer:: Coinstar, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines