• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the problem occured after installing 64bit plugins by NIK Software (Color Efex Pro or Viveza). When deactivating the "Selective Tool" in the plugins folder then the clipboard works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2010 Dec 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suffered from the PS CS5 clipboard issue and it drove me crazy, after reading about the NIK software plugins I uninstalled a demo of VIVEZA 2 I had and now clipboard working perfectly. Prob not everyone solution but worked for me... Maybe other 3rd party 64bit plugins could be causing the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let myself explain few things about how I know this bug and how I came to this forum today.

I have experienced this with CS2 and CS5, always under Windows XP Pro.

When I had CS2, I have tried to uninstall the Microsoft Office clipboard, nothing changed. Then, I try the Clipbook service on and off, and still nothing change. The bug is clearly really hard to reproduce. And my today experience is in a way proving it:

The Photoshop Clipboard run off during a session. I was working, sometime pasting screen capture in Photoshop. I leave my computer after having lock the session, I came back pasting was unavailable. I remember that when I got this bug under CS2 it was not always because of locking the station. It was during a session. And relaunch Photoshop changes nothing. I got to reboot to have the clipboard working again. With CS2, I have also experimented pasting in 2 colors only.

Next time the clipboard will unwork, I will try to purge it. But I remembered that this changed nothing while using CS2 so I didn't even try this morning. If I someday manage do determinatively reproduce the bug, I'll make a report.

CS5 is disappointing. I also got some serious problems with my Wacom Intuos 3. During the same drawing session, some strokes I got pressure recognition, some strokes not. But this an other story... Still loving Ps either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Edit>Purge>All

I had the same issue and that solved it in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sebastian. It works for me. Finally i've found a way out to fix that problem. I'm very happy now. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip on holding Prt Sc and Alt, it still didn't work for me until I used Shift Ctl C for copy and then it worked.  Until then I couldn't copy and paste from ps into ai.  So first, Prt Sc.+Alt, then Shift Ctl. C.  Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's not like, complicated. How did you figure that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work on my cs5 ps-ex. cut,copy,paste doesn't work. win7 sp1 x64, i7-3970x 64GB RAM, plenty hd space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit>Purge All  did not work for me.

I can't pin down when this started happening but I did install the 64 bit version of Nik Silver Efex about the time this started and I will try uninstalling and see if that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** I have solved the problem ***

Using Windows 7 64-bit with CS5 64-bit.

I used to have that issue and I solved it by removing a bunch of "crap apps" from my comp. I can't tell after which one it worked but here is the list of things I've uninstalled:

- VMWare Workstation.

- All Apple stuff.

- Flash.

- Disabled a bunch of Adobe start-up executables in msconfig.

- Disabled Java in msconfig.

- GoogleUpdate.exe (renamed the exe so it doesn't start).

I think this is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not surprising.

FYI I run VMware Workstation and never see clipboard problems.

Apple and Google software would be VERY likely suspects though.  Neither of them have any interest in improving your PC computing experience.  Far from it!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated the Selective tool in Efex Pro and the clipboard function works fine but Efex Pro will not create the new BW layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem too.

I tend to Alt-PrtScn and paste into Photoshop CS5, but I've not been able to work out why it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

I am also using Nik Color Efex, and have recently upgraded to the 64-bit version. I couldn't tell you if this problem started before or since. I always stop the Nik Selective tool from loading with Photoshop, I even tried removing it, but it stopped Color Efex working properly.

I have also noticed that MS Outlook 2003 stops responding sometimes when Photoshop is open. It resumes as soon as I close Photoshop. I thought I'd mention this, as it was a google search for "Photoshop CS5 Outlook 2003" which brought me to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate all your help diagnosing this problem.  I have sent your issues off to our team and Nik software to see if we can get to the bottom of it. I do not have anything concrete to share at this point, but I wanted to let you know that we are looking into the issue.   I hope to have something in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To follow on Dave's email, can those that found disabling Nik Selective Tool works around the problem please post the version number? You can find it by going to Help> About Plug-In> Nik Selective Tool... (when the plug-in is not disable, of course).

Thanks in advance!

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to disable the plug-in? Or is it still the old tilde-in-front-of-the-filename method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tilde in front is still the tried and true method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.

Disabling the 64-bit 'SelectivePalette.8li' fixes the clipboard problem for me.

v. 2.006 - 8263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me:

v. 2.006 - 8263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone was wondering, 64-bit pasting is still broken with the latest version of Selective Tool (2.006 - 9162) which comes with DFine 2.107.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success! Disabling the SelectivePallet also solved the problem for me.  My version is 2.005-6616.

Thanks everyone!

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

There is a problem with all curently versions.

I have an answer from NIK:

"We know about that issue and are currently working on a solution together with Adobe, which might take some time"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add my name to the list of people with this exact same problem.  I have a few Nik plugins installed with PS CS5 64bit and the clipboard has been rendered unuseable by them.  Disabling SelectivePalette.8li with a tilde worked for me - let's hope they fix this soon.

-NB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem for months and eventually had to switch to 32-bit Photoshop CS5.  After reading this thread, I uninstalled Nik HDR Efex Pro and copy/paste functionality has been fully restored in 64-bit Photoshop CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines