• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Trial Runtime Error

New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Photoshop CS5 trial without any problems, however when i attempt to load the application a box appears stating:

Runtime Error. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it it an unusual way.

I have not been able to load photoshop a single time.

I'm running Windows Vista 64bit, i'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Please help me to trouble shoot this problem! I have searched the net for answers without any luck.

Thanks in Advance to anyone whom can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the exact specs of your system.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running an intel core 2 quad, 4gb of ram and have 3 hard drives with over 1Tb of free space. As I have mentioned previously the computer is running Vista 64bit. Is there any other info that would be useful in troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried reinstalling the MS C++ Visual Redistrabutable package 2008 to restore the runtime library but that hasn't made a difference?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open and look at the Vista Event Viewer. There will be a hit listed in there somewhere with more detail. Just have to dig for it.

You can also run sfc /scannow at a elevated command promt. This will scan for Vista system errors and fix them if detected. Have your Vista DVD ready incase it asks you to put the DVD in for repair.

Also try this first. It detects any problems with your Vista computer and fixes it. Not sure if it will work on a runtime error but worth a try:

http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be some sort of beta and it's closed for d/l.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmmmmmm.......... it was just released about 40 days ago. Maybe they are updating it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it up and try to download. Wierd, because it says it's available to many

OS's.

Maybe a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll give them a try when I get home from work tonight and then I'll report back about how they went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accessed the Vista Events Viewer as suggested and discovered the following info about the error:

Faulting application Photoshop.exe, version 12.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bbc56b6, faulting module MSVCR90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4137, time stamp 0x4a4534e5, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x0005bea4, process id 0x488, application start time 0x01caf4da098c1393.

It seems that the MSVCR90.dll file is the problem, is there anyway to repair or replace this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run SFC /scannow at a elevated command prompt (Choose run as Admin) and go from there. It will detect and repair most defective files. Have your Vista disk ready incase it asks for it. The command fixes about 99.9 percent of system file problems.

Here is a google of the problem:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=msvcr90.dll+download+microsoft&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=msvcr90...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the SFC/scannow solution, but it didn't find any integrity violations or repair any files.

I know the problem is the msvcr90.dll file, but is there any way to repair this directly? Or are there any other solutions i could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My link in post 10 will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Fix It Centre and have run all the repair processes available but without any success as the problem still exists. Is the problem with the Photoshop files or my computer? Are there any other potential solutions to this increasingly annoying problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Confirm Runtime Error with trial on 2003 x64 SP2, with both Photoshop editions - x32 (lol, must be x86) and x64. Offset 0xXXXXbea4 or 0xXXXXdac7. Very annoing bug. I advise you to stay with CS4 before update or fix will be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem... everytime i try to run the cs5 the error appears...

i just installed it as trial...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Im running Windows XP3

my pc specs is

cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad 8200

mobo: Intel DG31PR

ram: 2GB

vdeo: 1GB nvdia 9400

that's it...

thanks for the help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a problem opening HDR Pro in  CS 5 Extended I only get 3/4 quarters of the HDR Pro dialogue box

I can not open it fully (leaving no way to delete exposures)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the some problem.

I've already formatted the C drive and installed XP again witouth any other software installation. Photoshop CS5 doesn't work, I only get this error message.

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OR

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program FilesVAdobeSAdobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe
abnormal program termination

Anyway I used many hundred of programs on this PC (including Photoshop CS4) without any problem. I have never got any error messages.

-Win XP SP3

-ASUS P5Q-E motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

-4x1GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also formatted C drive, and installed XP SP3 Professional Eng version. After that installed Photosop CS5 immediately. The result was the same.

Then I formatted C drive again, and installed XP SP3 Home Hungarian version. The result was the same. I got the Runtime Error messege again.

On this PC hundreds of programs are running properly, I have never got any error messages before. Only the CS5 programs are not working.

I also tried this:

After formatting C drive I newly installed XP3 SP3, and than insalled Photoshop CS5. A made a complete partition backup by Acronis TrueImage. Than I restored this whole partition on my old test PC. And on that older hardware CS5 worked properly.

So CS5 doesn't work on this hardware configuration. But every other program works properly on it.

However it is a very common and typical configuration.

-Win XP SP3

-ASUS P5Q-E motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

-4x1GB RAM

-Asus EAH4850 (ATI RADEON HD series) VGA card

I've already bought a new VGA card (Asus EAH5850 (ATI RADEON HD series) but it didn't help, too.

I tried to use only 2GB RAM (in the firs two slots, than in the second two slots), but didn't help.

Unfortunately nobody knows why. Adobe tried to fix this problem on my machine (by remote access) but couldn't. So I have to use CS4 suit until they fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you re-formatted C drive did you also re-install the motherboards chipset drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with and witout any drivers. (with the latest one, of course).

The result was the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly believe it's intel CPU's problem, don't konw when it can be fixed...

Spent so much money but I have to re invest on my CPU?!

Sounds funny...

Adobe, are you going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This very serious problem seems to be related to Intel CPUs, but only the CS5 programs are suffering from it. So I hope Adobe also will be able to handle this problem.

I don't really want to buy a new motherboard and a new CPU for only CS5. And I don't want to reinstall more than one hundred programs again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about quicktime? Do you have quicktime installed? Google found some hits with run time errors with software when quicktime is installed. Removing quicktime fixed the issue. Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

lemicsek wrote:

I tried with and witout any drivers. (with the latest one, of course).

The result was the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here!!

Really hate it!!!!!

I can open the Photoshop CS5, but just after the main window shows up, an "Runtime error" message will pop up. Sooooo annoying.

Will Adobe fix it or not?This is not a single case!!!

XP SP3

4G Ram

1T

N-card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines