• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. It's always a good idea to upload from within the app for stabilities sake. The updates are constantly being honed so to get the most recent and to do it from within your registered app helps keep all the dock in a row across the board for you and adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhanepono, I suggest that in your usage the term "upload" might be better stated as "download" - that is unless you have a REEEALLY big computer. 

While I'm on the subject of useless trivia...  "Dock in a row" - is that a Hawaiism?  I've always heard it as "ducks in a row".

I'm not being critical, just a bit of light conversation.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 AND Creative Cloud. CC aps basically appeared in the new updater software a cuple weeks ago and we assumed they were updates to our suite.

This "trial software" thing just started happening at our office today for those still using Photoshop 6. So it has nothing to do with a installing the new updater. I honestly don;t understand how this is even possible.

What the hell is going on Adobe? This is a huge time waster for me to deal with on five workstations. Does everybody have to be on Photoshop CC now?  Why not just come out and tell your users that instead of these shennanigans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just know there is a petition going on to Adobe who oppose the CC ONLY option. Everyone here should sign it! It's at about 37,000 names.

I will NEVER buy a perpetual subscription...

https://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed. However, Adobe's not going to change their setup. The subscription model is the only thing that will save the company. They've reached diminishing returns for how much bloatware they can pack into their software that makes it worth the $200 - $500 version upgrade. Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm still just fine with CS3, just as productive. The fact that people like me have not upgraded for many years is what led to the Creative Cloud. I'll probably subscribe (since I need to be able to handle client files that come in in CC versions) - but many others won't.

The new users/beginners and the "prosumer" folks won't pay a recurring fee every month for Creative Suite "CC". Adobe will sadly be pushing those users to seek alternatives, such as Inkscape, GIMP, CorelDraw <shudder>, Microsoft Publisher <double shudder> and others.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought for a glorious moment there was going to be a fix posted.  Nearly 10 months I've been living with this blithering issue!  What won't I be doing?  Signing up to creative cloud.

Once cs6 loses currency with cameras, I'll stick with Lightroom, which I much prefer anyway, and look for something else to work with layers.

The other day, cs wouldn't even recognise I was online, so it wouldn't let me "register this product".  I'm so hacked off with this- I can't tell you.....

😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate why the subscription model is the only way to "save the company"? They are making so much money with this software and all of the other ones, they could still sell it the old fashioned way - hard copy and stillkeep on  making and making more money!

As for myself, I will not buy the cloud if I have to rent it! I've purchased PS for the longest of time, and this last version had trouble from the start. Even this week,I even accidenly opened up CS5 and found that it worked when some of my complaints on the PS community about CS6 were not really answered.

Uhnfortunately, the masses will probably rent software on the cloud, and Adobe wo'lt give a hoot about the others who won't. Just look at how long they've taken to figure out the problem with CS6 - they didn't care at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with this since I installed the cs6 update last November, I have called 5 times....thinking maybe this time they have an answer. The latest guy acts like nobody has EVER had this problem wanted access to my system to check "permissions" umm....nooooooo. There are times I allow this but I don't trust adobe at all! My fix Is simply to put my Serial # that came when I purchased it and about every 2 months I have to do it again. Seems they would come with a fix for this but from what I read only CERTAIN people have this problem..You'd think after reading all your stories dealing with Adobe it wouldn't be that hard to put a fix in for paid updates I have NEVER installed an trial verson on my computer...ever!

We underlings make little difference though I know thousands that don't want to play on the cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you or your computer appears to be doing something that convinces the Adobe software that it is no longer licensed.

There was a time when Adobe released a version that had a bug that caused this, but that's long since been corrected.  Make sure you have the latest update from Adobe.

Long as this thread is, I don't believe very many folks as a percentage of overall users experience this issue.  I know I've never personally had the problem, not even once, on my PC workstation or test systems.  I don't use Mac, so I can't speak for that camp.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Noel... That's so not what I want to hear!

Ages ago adobe did acknowledge there was a problem for windows users... And promised they were looking into it... Then nothing.

I've offered all my system info and nobody took me up on it.  WhaT I basically have is an exceedingly expensive dysfunctional programme that I heartily regret buying.

While it might be something on my computer that causes this, this was a brand new computer when I loaded CS6 last October, and it has NEVER worked without relicensing every time.  Therefore i assume it is something that "argues" with CS6 every time i boot up from cold.  but surely there are still enough windows users having this problem that it cant just be my machine?  It must be something I the programming?

And I too never loaded any trial software - a full hard copy boxed purchase.

I still wait in hope, but my breath I am not holding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear the problem is still unresolved for you, Kirsty.

While as a software publisher myself I do understand why Adobe must do what they do, given that SO many people try to pirate their rather overpriced software, they really ought to be taking the time to get to the bottom of EVERY SINGLE one of these problems. 

But I haven't seen any evidence lately that they feel they have any further ongoing problems in this area, which leaves you out in the cold.

One thing that I do with my software products that Adobe doesn't do is to provide a fallback method for licensing the software in case the primary online method fails (as it has for you, Kirsty).  I don't see why they don't feel the need to do the same.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris - thanks for some input.  A question though - my error is not that my licensing has "stopped working". It's the pop- up trial problem thatbrequires the serial number to be entered every time I launch CS6. 

Also, the answers seem to be very old in the editions they relate to (CS3/4), so I would expect that if they worked for this particular problem in CS6, there wouldn't have been the storm on this thread that there has been.

Forgive me, but since Lightroom works perfectly, I'm just a bit nervous of dramatically changing anything that might cause that to malfunction and leave me with no working software!

If you can reassure me that none of the fixes will affect Lightroom, I'll give them a go, but again, I'm unconvinced that they relate to my issue, which was the same as everyone else posting on this thread.

Thanks

Kirsty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is the same thing - your license is gone/expired/corrupt, and it's opening as a trial.

Hmm, I'll see if I can find newer help pages (though most of the licensing remains the same).

OK, try this one: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, been there a while ago, done that! (I'm not on CC, it's a standalone, but I tried it anyway - it didn't help)

Thanks anyway.

Any other thought?

(I have combed through the various threads / help pages etc - the only ting that gives a temporary fix is renaming my PCD file and having the software create a new one, but its only a temporary fix as it reverts to trial again after a few launches)

Thanks Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those should clear the activation database and solve the problem.

If you've installed all the Photoshop updates, then my only guess is that the activation code has yet another bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been having this same problem with my standalone Photoshop CS6 since February of this year. I recently signed up for Creative Cloud single application (Photoshop CS6) in hopes it would solve my problem. Iinstead I have a plethora of problems with the Creative Cloud CS6. The Adobe Techs told me I could not run both the standalone and the CC versions of CS6 on my Windows 7 64-bit system, so they had me uninstall my CS6 standalone version.  Didn't do much to resolve the issues I was having.  As of yesterday, I have now been getting the popup for a trial of Creative Cloud CS6 ... go figure.

Anyway, there is an article to provide some guidance for those of us who have the issue with the CS6 standalone popping up a trial version of CS6 Extended ...you may have to try typing this into your browser.  It doesn't solve the problem, but at least provides a workaround ....

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html

As for me ... I have no solution as yet, but I haven't given up yet either ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi psychdoc1 yeah- that "help" sheets been around for a while, although whether instructions on how to copy and paste a serial number can strictly be classified as a help sheet is open to question!

Personally.  I have my serial number on a sticky on my desktop and just copy it before I launch PS so that its ready to paste in......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install CS6 and CC on the same machine. Are you saying that CC failed in the way after uninstalling CS6?

Baary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is yes; just a few days ago. 

Brief background: Three different Adobe Techs that I spoke with told me I had to uninstall CS6 to get my CC version of the software working properly because they conflicted on the Windows 64-bit systems.  So I finally allowed one of the techs to access my computer and he took CS6 off and helped reinstall the CC version.  I have many Support Cases regarding this issue going back to February for my perpetual version of CS6 and going back to the beginning of July regarding my CC subscription version. 

I should clarify that the initial and ongoing problems with my CC subscription version centered around installation issues and then repeated popups for sign-in, license acceptance agreement and registration requests. However, I just started getting the popup for "Adobe Photoshop CC Trial ... 32767 Days Remaining ... Only US $29.99 per month ... Join Now."  This began right after my CC App "Home" tab started reflecting "Your Home Feed is Empty" which it had not done previously.

Sorry to go on for so long and I apologize that the article reference was not something very recent ... one of the staff people suggested I just keep going back to the article to see if anything is fixed ... as of yet, I presume it is not.

Barry, any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... and I apologize that the article reference was not something very recent ... one of the staff people suggested I just keep going back to the article to see if anything is fixed ... as of yet, I presume it is not."

Don't apologise. I appreciate people trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll say it again. I'm on an iMac and have had no problems since February

of this year. I uninstalled and reinstalled avoiding ANY updates to the

software. Never again have I been prompted to do anything! I just do my

editing and smile. No cloud involved. I'll resist that unto the death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did exactly the same, and follow the same strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not expect this issue to occur using CC because the license is tied to your Adobe ID. In Photoshop CC, try signing out in the help menu, then on next launch choose to license with your Adobe ID (not using a serial number). Let me know if that helps.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions.  So far so good, but it has only been one day. 

Usually, whenever I institute a "fix" it lasts about two to three days.  I'll post again at that point to advise. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines