• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop eraser suddenly painting the background color

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Photoshop Eraser Tool suddenly painting the background color?  I  reset the tool, reset the workspace, unlocked the pixel locking, etc. and I still have the same problem. It was working fine yesterdayscreen.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

I am not sure what are you reffering in the first place. Perhaps you are a bit confused? If you are erasing pixels on layer it is normal to see what is below, in your case that is grey  background color.

From what I see your background color is black? If you still have problem click on the first icon next to Lock ti uncheck it then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type "D" to reset the colors so the Background color is white again. The eraser tool always "erases" to the Background color. You can also click the button (marked) to restore the default swatches.

76E71A6A-A32B-467E-9478-FA034A3E7636.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what are you reffering in the first place. Perhaps you are a bit confused? If you are erasing pixels on layer it is normal to see what is below, in your case that is grey  background color.

From what I see your background color is black? If you still have problem click on the first icon next to Lock ti uncheck it then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it is a gentle reminder that you shosuld be using masks instead of the Eraser tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good reminder about masks, thanks!

...........I don't know what I was thinking, I feel like an idiot!!!  Of course the eraser is going to reveal what is below.....  lol 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines