Exit

Photoshop.exe- Bad Image Error on Program Opening in Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software Version: Adobe CC Photoshop 2015.5

Operating System: Windows 10 with latest update

Windows just updated to its newest software and when it did, I was no longer able to run Photoshop 2015.5 or any of the latest versions of Illustrator or InDesign. I received the following error message (picture attached):

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contacting your system administrator or software vendor for support. Error Status 0xc000012f

I have uninstalled ALL adobe files (including Temp files/download history/etc.) and installed again, to no avail. Any ideas?Adobe issues.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Mohit,

THANK YOU!!!!!! Worked like a charm.

I ended up having to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

-which can be found in this link, if anyone reading this has the same issue:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

-Emilia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emiliac,

Sounds to me like a Microsoft runtime issue: Error MSVCR110.dll opening Adobe Creative Cloud apps in Windows 10

Can you make sure you install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from the link above?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

THANK YOU!!!!!! Worked like a charm.

I ended up having to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

-which can be found in this link, if anyone reading this has the same issue:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

-Emilia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for sharing the download link.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running into the same issue, same errors... installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015... restart and nothing... with latest CC update. I have access to LIGHTROOM, but no Photoshop. Any current suggestions?

thank you.

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeremyh,

If you getting exactly the same error while launching the Photoshop, then remove all the Visual C++ Redistributable packages from the machine, restart the machine and install the latest one from the above link.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

im having the exact same issue as them above

my photoshop gives the same error yet i have access to lightroom.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling c ++ along with restarting but to no avail, it still isnt working.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit. Is it possible for you to please take a took at the postings I have made and provide some advice?. Thank you for your time. Brent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but a different .dll file is missing or having a problem.ai-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like it has something to do with Foxit Reader by searching for that dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never usually comment on threads but this issue was actually really annoying to try to resolve. I felt like I searched the entire internet before I actually resolved it.

I was originally getting this message and after doing all of the above here and going through my regedit and restarting my computer a million times, all I had to do was replace the .dll file itself. I followed this guys tutorial on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=61vwFxnnh5c

Then I had the same error pop up but saying it was the vcruntime140.dll file this time. So I did the same thing and replaced the file following the same guys tutorial and link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R3LuYNQf98

Poof, fixed! Now I can photoshop away!

Hope this helps at least one person from pulling their hair out like I was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that I get a similar warning, Photoshop.exe - Bad Image and then

C:\Program File\Adobe Photoshop cc2017\cg.dll

is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. and so on as above.  I've updated to the latest CC I think but still the problem remains.  It was OK until I went away for a couple of days, unplugging the whole shooting match and on return I cannot get Photoshop CC to function.  Lightroom seems to be fine as does Bridge but not CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get both of the following (one for Illustrator and one for Photoshop)

1. Illustrator.exe – Bad Image
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it
    contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original
    installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor
    for support. Error status 0xc000012f.
  2. Photoshop.exe – Bad Image

Reinstalled both Illustrator and Photoshop. Made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the following
message when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Bad Image

I am now getting the following message
when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Application Error

The application was unable to
start correctly (0xc000007b)

This is really frustrating as I
have work I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the tutorial to fix up
the first problem and now I have a new one. Grrrrhhhh.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=61vwFxnnh5c

I am now getting the following message
when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Application Error

I need to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brente,

For the above error, please refer the below tutorials to fix this issue.

Unable to start Illustrator CS6 64-bit on Windows 7

Solutions for Photoshop Lightroom start error '0Xc000007b' on Windows OS

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it has been a little over a year since this question has been updated, and I'm having the same trouble.  Do I still need to download the C++ Redistributable 2015 version?  The 2017 version is on my computer, as is a bunch of other ones.  Should I delete those?  Any current help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rinphoto,

Sorry to hear that. If you are om Windows 10 then, please check for the pending updates. Also, please remove the C++ Redistributable versions from your machine, restart your machine and reinstall the C++ Redistributable (Which ever latest version available on Microsoft site)

Once you remove any update from your machine, after restart Windows will suggest you the same or the better update accordingly so you may try that as well.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have had the similar error after installing the trial version of PS and literoom. Tried all what suggested in the thread without a success. I have then removed the c:\windows\system32\MSVCP140.dll (cut and paste in to backup) and search for this MSVCP140.dll in the c: drive, there was a one version in the softwaredistribution folder. Copied this DLL to the original location (c:\windows\system32\) and restarted the machine and started Adobe "Creative Cloud App" and it worked fine. Hope this helps... Cheers Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message but with Adobe Photoshop 2020

Any suggestion??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines