• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not detecting copy/paste image size by default

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Photoshop v24.3.1, whenever I copy an image (from Chrome web browser) and go to paste it into Photoshop, it is not detecting the image size. Normally, when you copy and image, Photoshop will automatically detect the image size (pixels), and when you create a new image: File > New and paste the image, it will paste the actual image size from the clipboard.

Right now, it is using the last image size or custom image size, but not the "clipboard" size of the image.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Hi @twindeknecht, Please try checking Use Legacy "New Document" Interface in Preferences on the General tab. Is it working now? Let us know.

JainLemos_0-1655937843999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @twindeknecht, Please try checking Use Legacy "New Document" Interface in Preferences on the General tab. Is it working now? Let us know.

JainLemos_0-1655937843999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It was making me crazy. Checking legacy "New Doc" solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 'fat fingered' things over the YEARS, however, I hace followed that advice  and made the changes. Well, after closing the application the option changes back and not only that one! I'm not 'kitting' here. I'm sunk, I'm done. It seems as if the only option for me is to purchase a new lap top. I have looked around on the net and asked people smarted then me and because the chip in the laptop cannot be replaced, then . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @J E L !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J E L, yes this did fix the issue! Thank you.

I wonder what changed in the latest update though? I previously was using the current New Document interface and was able to paste from clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah exactly, who could possibly want an incorrect clipboard-sized doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! It's things like this that messes up a workflow that millions of users must have used every day. I really wonder how developers got to a point to think that changing this culd be a step forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it may be worse than that. I won't share everything again, but the tools stopped working or change on their own. I have never experienced anything like this including the days of 5.25 disks. Something is 'broken' but I purchased this PC and upgraded it specifically for the use of Photoshop. Now, it is broken, I'm dead in the H20. I'm 'capturing' the error messages and what "I think is broken" to share, with TC or anyone that cares!

Good luck yourself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add a bit more 'here' I think I have elsewhere,  but here I go again. My laptop's graphics card is no longer compatible with the latest version of Photoshop. Since I'm using a laptop, the only option is a new laptop. Adobe Tech Support, reinstalled PS 2020 and that seemed to have cleared up my issue, but at what cost? I took the laptop to the retailer (they are the ones that informed me about the card) and 'something' happened. Now, nothing is working. PS 2020 is crashing, I cannot use Adobe's Photoshop. Some of the other apps I have are now gone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  This fixed it for me.  I too had this issue after that latest update.  Now works like a charm. Brilliant. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Thanks, fixed! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it! I think the option changed with the latest update, as many of us had to discover this in Preferences as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I had that issue as well. What the heck is going on here. Thank you Jain, now I can sleep! -Kit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @J E L, although the Legacy New Document does work, it is not the proper solution. This is a new bug that has appeared with the Ps 23.4.1 update. It worked fine before this latest Ps version.

Using the new New file dialog with an image copied to the Clipboard, the Width, Height, etc settings are not set to the dimensions and settings of the image in the Clipboard, but are left over from the settings for the last image opened with New file.

To get the correct Clipboard image settings, you can select another recent item and then reselect the Clipboard. The Clipboard image settings will then update to their correct values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @drtonyb, Yes, Adobe is aware of the bug, and it's been reported to the engineering team. We'll have to wait for future updates to see if the new “New Document” panel can retain clipboard dimensions seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it when updates ruin previously perfect features. 

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it worked before .. lmao ... for like ages ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? How does something that worked previously suddenly not work. I dislike the old interface and prefer the new one. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either that, or revert to an earlier version where it really did work. Don't fix things that aren't broken, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear they have to be f'n with us sometimes 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did, I had Adobe to that for me (after two on-line previous visits to Adobe) and after a second visit to the retailer the previous version 'crashed'. I have been dead in the water. I did not really want to give up some of the 'new' features on the latest version of PS, so I tired again. The pop-up indicating there were some updates, I went for it. Now, it ain't totally fxed but something seems to be, seems to be working witrh PS v 2022. I can actually use it for a little while and if I save my work I can do it. Seriously, there is something wrong and my fingetrs ain't that fat!!! Since it is a laptop I am using the chip may indeed be absolete and there is nothing that can be done there. So. . . . you guessed it, fork out more $$, transfer the data and give the dog the laptop. Okay, I don't have a dog. Thanks for the support from the readers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Worked for me too.

Thank you for posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. So annoying.... came to find the solution and found it right here. .... really appreciate this post 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines