• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not recognizing Pen Pressure

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CS6 64-bit with a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet.  I've already tried fixing/resetting the tablet numerous times, and I've come to the conclusion that the problem is with Photoshop, not the tablet.  Important points of my problem

1. Whenever I completely reset my computer, photoshop recognizes the tablet and uses it correctly. The problem arises after I close my laptop or unplug the tablet.  When I try to use it again, it gives the triangle warning box that says pen sensitivity is not available without a pressure-sensitive tablet.

2. The tablet with Pen Pressure works in Manga Studio 100% of the time.  This is why I'm posting this in the Adobe Forums, not Wacom.

I've tried several fixes, I must have reinstalled different versions of my Tablet Driver 10 times at least, it always comes back to this same problem.  No matter what I do, it works for awhile, but when I put my laptop to sleep or unplug the tablet, photoshop no longer recognizes it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - you have to have PEN mapping to have this option. Mouse mapping doesn't show this option

speaking of which, I hate pen mapping!

thanks for that bit of info - brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderfull!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update of photoshop, I had two instances of photoshop within the WACOM tablet properties app. Making sure that 'Windows Ink' box was checked fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved the issue (the annoying little "!" triangle when other software was happily in bed with the wacom having consensual design).

I previously tried:

the "swap the nib" trick (#nibgate)

open photoshop with a pen click

turn off your wireless mouse

re-installing wacom drivers

re-booting

swearing

moaning on instagram/shouting into the ether

but yeah, adding the photoshop application to the applications list and ticking the Windows Ink box worked.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this might not be the most common thing to do but I experienced the same issue.

I just safely removed the litle usb connector and reinserted it.

Solved the problem for me .

Map your pen after to be sure,

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just gone through all of these ways to fix the pen pressure on photoshop, but nothing worked. I recently bought a lightly used cintiq 21UX, and it's an older tablet. The pen pressure worked with my old wacom bamboo tablet, but not this one. Any more thoughts as to what might fix the pen pressure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get the pen pressure to work on XP Pen Star 05 tablet. I've tried everything stated above and nothing seems to work. I can't seem to find where to add Photoshop to the applications for the XP Pen. Pen pressure works in Illustrator but not Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro. It also works in the settings for XP Pen/PenPressure. Any other ideas for an XP Pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in in the same boat. I tried everything listed here and even tried installing different driver versions. I don't think it's a driver issue as much as I think it is an issue on Photoshop's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jackl46391534  wrote

I'm in in the same boat. I tried everything listed here and even tried installing different driver versions. I don't think it's a driver issue as much as I think it is an issue on Photoshop's end.

jackl46391534 , you need to start a new thread, and tell us:

Operating system?
Photoshop version?
Tablet?
Are you using the WinTab or Windows Ink API?

If you are unclear about the API go start the new thread and we'll take it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just created a discussion and posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! If you're having the same issue I'd like to share the advice I had given the main person who started with the question. I had said how my pen was not working only in the use of Photoshop BUT did fine everywhere else. I Uninstalled Photoshop and then Reinstalled it and it works just how it should. Not to mention that PHOTOSHOP does not at all look how it did before I Uninstalled it. For example my pens never had auto-subfolders. So I have a feeling it has to do with some update that did NOT go through properly for some reason. Because it had two updates and neither of those updates changed the look of the program. Just make sure you have your images backed up somehow if you need that. For example when you open Photoshop it automatically has the recently worked on projects. Those will leave if you Uninstall. Just a heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was also solved when I removed my wireless keyboard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue (little triangle error next to "Control" under brush settings) and I just took the nib out, put it back in, and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO! I am not sure if this will help you BUT it did help me. My pen was not reacting accordingly when only in the USE of PHOTOSHOP. NOW here is exactly what I did and I am sorry I did not do this sooner. Uninstall Photoshop and then Reinstall it. My pen went right to working afterwards. I really hope this help you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure you have your images backed up somehow if you need that. For example when you open Photoshop it automatically has the recently worked on projects. Those will leave if you Uninstall. Just a heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that worked for me from a similar thread. This may be limited to Mac users "Go into System Preferences>Security>Privacy>Accessibility, unlock the lock and add Photoshop to the list of allowed apps." Restart and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VEIKK S640 Pen Pressure isn't working in Photoshop CC 2019. How to setup properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...got it!

It's working fine now....haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello! what did you do to make it work. My tablet is also from Veikk (A15) tried all of the posts above but nothing seems to work. a little help please???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines