• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop to PDF quality of text issues

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I PDF from Photoshop, I am getting varying results from different text, some having jagged edges and some not.  (See image with word "Option")

They are the same font settings.

Any ideas to resolve this?

option.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is: don't use a raster editor like Photoshop for text. This cannot be emphasized enough.

Photoshop will normally, by its very nature, output everything as pixels. Although it is possible to output live text to PDF from Photoshop in some scenarios, the pixelated text you're seeing is the normal and expected result.

Use InDesign or Illustrator to maintain vector text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not my experience Dag

image.png

High Quality Print PDF viewed in Acrobat (PDF file attached.)

image.png

I'd say that the OP either had rasterised type layers, or used the wrong pdf preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using faux styles? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Character, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think so.

I have attached one of the files... the title block in bottom of this one has text that is clunky.

PDF attached to show problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you did apply Faux Bold. (see screenshot) Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 08.53.42.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use apparently used a »Roman« font and then applied Faux bold. 

Try using the proper »Bold« font instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure your text is not rasterised and select PDF/X-4 for the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I found the answer in another post. Turns out if you use the "faux italics" in Photoshop it seems to always rasterize the type before exporting to PDF. And it does this for the entire text block even if you only italicized a few words. So, choose a specific typeface like Minion semibold italic, DO NOT choose Minion regular and then click on the italic symbol to italicize it. (I don't know if this is true for "faux bold" as well, but that seems logical.) And, I saved my PDF in version 8. Don't know if this matters. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines