Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the program is unusable now.

Whenever I use any tool, instead of the tool doing what it should be doing it acts like the hand tool and moves around the canvas.

Things work fine when using a mouse, but without the ability to use the pressure sensitivity of my tablet I cannot accomplish my work.

This needs to be fixed now.

For now I'm going to have to use clip studio to do my work until the issue is resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Amanda

There should be no need for any workaround now that Microsoft have issued a further update to fix the issued caused in their earlier release. See here for details:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 166 Replies 166
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too, but i am on a surface pro 3.... will this work for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this work for a Surface 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have also a problem with Photoshop on Wacom... everytime I want to use the Laso tool or move a layer on screen with my pen the screen becomes like a checker pattern. Is this problem related to the same error. Please see the pic below and let me know

Thank you

P.S I have already called Wacom and they said it's not a problem related to Wacom tabletIMG_3639.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is an official fix for the scroll issue (not the checkerboard pattern)

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me! Thank you that's great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having the same issue but none of the solutions work for me. Is there any other way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rachel, and Adres, what are the exacts steps that you tried, the update Dave posted 5 posts above this one AND other ones? which ones? also, which tablet model and driver versions are you using? Which version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the PSUserConfig.txt as described, pen pressure is still not working. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on a mac. I thought that was fixed. Thank god for Affinity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and after updating from Microsoft this issue has been fixed, too.
reginaldohb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use a Wacom Intuos Pro 5 tablet with a Mac mini desktop and Adobe Photoshop 2023 and I am having this same problem where zoomed in image makes the pen into the move/scroll and doesn't function as a pen tool. I can only find answers for Windows fixes. Anyone have a solution for this bug on a Mac? Please and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you configure any button to the CMD key+ or, when zooming, do you use CMD+Spacebar, clicking CMD before hitting the spacebar as you are dragging? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you find a fix I have the same problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 and having the same problem here , I've reinstalled Wacom drivers and updated graphics card driver etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines