Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the program is unusable now.

Whenever I use any tool, instead of the tool doing what it should be doing it acts like the hand tool and moves around the canvas.

Things work fine when using a mouse, but without the ability to use the pressure sensitivity of my tablet I cannot accomplish my work.

This needs to be fixed now.

For now I'm going to have to use clip studio to do my work until the issue is resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Amanda

There should be no need for any workaround now that Microsoft have issued a further update to fix the issued caused in their earlier release. See here for details:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 166 Replies 166
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, I'm stuck at this step too...I have a Cintiq 22HD and I don't have the mapping tab at all. Where mapping should be just says Calibrate on my properties....any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally didn't need that step for it to work as I didn't have the option to click on it. So skip it and see if all the rest works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You’re right?! Worked just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your *.txt fix and it worked! I installed the April 30th update today. I deleted the *.txt file and checked use Windows ink again in the Wacom setup. Windows remedied the mess they caused for digital photographers and artists. The pen no longer moves things around when zoomed in. I do want to thank you for that fix as it got me through the past couple of weeks.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have also a problem with Photoshop on Wacom... everytime I want to use the Laso tool or move a layer on screen with my pen the screen becomes like a checker pattern. Is this problem related to the same error. Please see the pic below and let me know

Thank you

P.S I have already called Wacom and they said it's not a problem related to Wacom tablet

IMG_3639.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this method and along with the updates countless of times, and still no changes. Are there any other ways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG
I LOVE YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Do the following:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop (if it was open when you did this)

This worked for me, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a charm. Thanks Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ola, wacom CTL 480, não abre prorpiedades da mesa grafica, e no wacom desktop ela nao aparece como conectada. Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once following these steps.

The pen pressure then does not work after un checking the "Use Windows Ink" box.

Any help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off Windows Ink resolves the canvas issue. To get back the pen pressure, you must create the PSUserConfig.txt file exactly as described earlier then restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC 2017, and I don't see this folder about photoshop setting, how do I fix this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amanda

There should be no need for any workaround now that Microsoft have issued a further update to fix the issued caused in their earlier release. See here for details:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem but I`m using a Yiynova Tablet and nothing works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you downloaded this update from Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help with the latest update that hit my computer today. I tried all previous ways including these downloads, none have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, I did create a PSUserConfig.txt with the following lines.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

and saved it on my

C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

and then restarted photoshop but nothing works... I also tried disabling the (KB4093112) update but it doesn't allow me to uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the problem persist after unchecking windows Ink and creating the PSUserConfig.txt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the last Adobe Flash Player update, that worked for me on the Gaomon PD1560 Tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I restarted Photoshop and nothing happened so I tried restarting my laptop and it worked, you should try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines