Photoshop work screen is desaturated(in color) compared to my files/photos.

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just start off with saying that I've used Photoshop for 3 years now and this is the first time I've dealt with anything related to desaturated colors.Issue.pngAs you can see the colors are a lot different. It sucks because I paint in Photoshop everyday. I didn't notice the color difference until I saved a landscape page I was painting.

issue 2.png

My guess is that my Photoshop is displaying the colors in CMYK format, but every color setting I look at it says RGB. I've looked up many different solutions for my problem, but none of them work.

Here are my color settings:

Color Settings.pngAny information on this issue would be amazing. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mode are you editing in. Do the Image files you are editing have a color profile so Photoshop will edit then in the correct color space. Why guess why not look?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi try to reset your preferences hope that helps...Regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a defective monitor profile.

If you are using the Windows "Photos" app to compare, it is not color managed and does not use the monitor profile.

There will always be a difference between applications that are color managed (Photoshop), and applications that are not (Photos). A lift in the shadow values is in itself normal, because the profile corrects for a shadow dip that almost all LCD panels have natively. But hardly as much as this, suggesting a problem with the profile.

Are you using a calibrator to make your monitor profile? If not, you probably got a bad manufacturer profile distributed through Windows Update.

Replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary workaround until you get a calibrator. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it needs to load the new profile at startup.

Displayprofile_10_3.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This fixed the problem!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow ! thanx this worsks for me too after 2 month ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is color managed, and uses the monitor profile to display correct colors.

The Photos app is not color managed, and can not be expected to display correct colors. (no native Windows applications are color managed)

If you have a wide gamut monitor (which I suspect that you do), applications without color management will display over saturated.

The solution is to use only color managed applications to view your work. You can use Bridge, or a third party viewer.

I recommend the FastStone image viewer, which is free for personal use.

You have to enable color management under Settings > CMS. Both boxes must be checked.

Restart the application after changing the settings.

It will now display identically to Photoshop.

Faststone-settings.png

If colors in Photoshop have changed all of a sudden, the cause is most likely a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

If your monitor is wide gamut, use Adobe RGB.

Close Photoshop.

Press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile and set it as default.

If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

This will also create and install a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

Depending on your monitor, sRGB may (or may not) be be close enough, so for best results, use a calibrator.

color-management.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines