• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture Frame and Trees greyed out

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the scripted patterns menu picture frames and trees are greyed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

OK, I seemed to have solved my particular issue and I think it is a bug.

Here is what I did.

I disabled "Use Graphics Processor" quit PS

Restarted PS and re-ticked it.

Quit & Restarted again and BINGO! The options for Tree and Photoframe was there.

Please try this if you are having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my computer it is all updated to the most current or do i have to go to the website to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go to the website and it said it is all current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's better in Photoshop CC 2014

The Flame, Tree, and Picture Frame (as mentioned before) have been moved to Filter menu > Render

The one new thing I can add is that 512 Vram and 3D are not needed to access these.

It now works on my 256 MB NvDIA GeoForce 9400M Macbook.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. I'm using PS CC2015. I've tried unchecking, quiting, restarting and rechecking to no avail. Although before doing this the lens flare and lighting effects were not there. Someone mentioned using 64bit, where would I find this?

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 9.34.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-22 at 9.41.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your card has 512 MB vram, the 3D menu should be active, so to activate these filters:

File > New (make a new file)

3D menu > New Mesh from Layer > Postcard

When your layer is created, try Filter > Render > Tree   If it works, close the file.

When you open a new or existing file. Filter > Render >Tree, Flame and Frame should now be active.

Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!! It worked. Thank you so much. I don't do any 3D projects so I've never used it. Is this a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember where I first read this, but yes, it's a way to activate the filters if they are greyed out. Even stranger, if I activate it on my Dell PC and Sync settings with my Mac, it activates the filters on that side, even though the graphics card is 256 MB, not 3D qualified.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an NVIDIA      GeForce 9300 GE/pci/sse2 card. I can't do 3D with my PS CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick look (and I may be wrong) but that video card doesn't have 1gb on-board ram. You need a minimum of 1gb dedicated video ram for 3d in CC (CS6 will work - very slowly with less).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldnt find a solution.for me tree and frame is also not working.

win 7 64 bit, 2gb ram, NVidia card (geforce 435m),latest CC version (German)

disable and enable graphics processor solution didnt work.and 3D is working.

language shouldnt be the problem too.i saw german tutorials using this script.

if nobody has any new idea,propably i (we) have to wait for an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this will do it for you, worked for me after nothing else would...

Quote from a post by Radomir, "Start Ps, try to create a 3D layer, then undo or create a new document and then try the Fill."

I did exactly this and viola, now have trees and frames!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem and I know it is because of my Intel Graphics card.   The ATI Radeon HD 5570 is recommended for my PC, will this fix the gray-out problem if I buy this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ATI Radeon HD 5570 will be fine as long as it has 512 MB or more of video memory. Looking at the web they seem to come with 1GB by default, so you will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. I am using a 2010 MacBook Pro with Nvidia 320M chip. The workaround did not work out for me. Do I need a new computer now (I plan on buying a new Retina Macbook Pro as soon as updates are released, but wanted to see if I finally replace my CS5 with CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered these features and would love to try them, but neither Picture frame nor Tree appears in my dialog as an option. My laptop is less than a year old and was top-of-the-line when I got it. I've tried the uncheck/restart/check/restart thing and the 3d mode fix but neither helped. Any ideas?

Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Cheers,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see these options for these patterns either.  Turning off/on 3D in PS did not fix the issue.   My graphics card is a 2011 AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CC 2014.2? They were moved to Filter > Render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That is the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just bought top of the range MacBook Pro and latest CC 2014 and I don't even get Tree appear in the pattern pull down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Warunicorn's posting just above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. My Laptop is a 32bit Windows 7 System with Nvidia 9600M GS 512MB.

I work with Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.2.1

The fact is, i saw the Tutorial of the Creative Cloud about Fill and Script Pattern. So where is the Tree?

I tried everything you guys wrote and there's still no Tree to choose.

I started my Adobe Photoshop CC and there it is, a Tree to choose a Tree to use and i had a Tree without leaves.

Many things changed with the update, so please tell us, where did you put the Script Patterm stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Are you looking for the actual Tree, Frame and (new) Flame scripts?

They were moved to Filter > Render. Just like I mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I was to impatient to read everything.

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are greyed out on mine after I purchased the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was using the Photoshop CC trial version, I could use the 'tree & frame' but after I purchased the software, those are greyed out.  Not a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines