Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixeld selections

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

why are my selection "pixeld", it’s hapeening with laso and pen tool...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zoomed in to over 2000%. At that size the pixel structure of your image is clearly visible as each image pixel is displayed using 400 monitor pixels. Photoshop uses units of pixels and is showing your selection based on that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm reading this right, you are zoomed in to almost 3,000%?  I would expect this behavior at that level of view, I think the lasso tool is going around the individual pixels.

Does it also do this with when zoomed out?  Try viewing at 33% or thereabout and see if the problem persists.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not more straight even when i zoom out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

900% is still zoomed way in.  Try 33%.  Fit to screen would also work well in this scenario of such a large image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's also worth noting that between the two screen shots that the jagged edges of the selection are smaller in the one that is zoomed to 900% compared to the one with 3000% view.  I think we're headed in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also don't have Anti-alias checked, which gives smoother (less pixelated) selections and will make a difference when cutting, stroking or filling a selection.

aa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines