• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelmator edited file issue

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am altering images with Adobe Photoshop, and one of our clients submitted the version of the image that was modified in the Pixelmator software. I'm sorry to say that I can't locate the layer that was modified or even the path. They have shown me a screencapture of the revised version that they have created, and I have also included a screencapture of what I am currently seeing. Could you perhaps offer some explanation anwhy these mistakes keep occurring?
Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 8.19.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-18 at 8.20.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

I happen to have Pixelmator Pro although I don’t use it very much, but I tried it out.

The second screen shot, showing Photoshop, also shows that the document title is “Test.tiff”. OK, so I created a layered file in Pixelmator Pro, chose File > Save, for the Format I chose TIFF, and then opened that file in Photoshop. What I found matches the post: All layers in the Pixelmator format document were lost and flattened to a single layer in the TIFF image. I did not see any option to save the TIFF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suhan, 

Thanks for posting your issue. This forum is for the Photoshop API product and we do not cover the desktop app. You might have better luck posting in the Photoshop forums instead of the Photoshop developers forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Suhan Kotian 

You don't need to repost — I've moved your thread from Photoshop Developers to Photoshop for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am altering images with Adobe Photoshop, and one of our clients submitted the version of the image that was modified in the Pixelmator software. I'm sorry to say that I can't locate the layer that was modified or even the path. They have shown me a screencapture of the revised version that they have created, and I have also included a screencapture of what I am currently seeing. Could you perhaps offer some explanation anwhy these mistakes keep occurring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Pixelmator save a layered TIFF?

PSD is the safest interchange format for layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have Pixelmator Pro although I don’t use it very much, but I tried it out.

The second screen shot, showing Photoshop, also shows that the document title is “Test.tiff”. OK, so I created a layered file in Pixelmator Pro, chose File > Save, for the Format I chose TIFF, and then opened that file in Photoshop. What I found matches the post: All layers in the Pixelmator format document were lost and flattened to a single layer in the TIFF image. I did not see any option to save the TIFF file with layers, so it looks like Pixelmator will not do that. And that probably also explains why Pixelmator did not also save path information in TIFF format. (Photoshop can preserve both layers and path in TIFF format.)

What I looked for, and did find, is that Pixelmator does have a File > Export command, and one of the formats available that way is Photoshop. If I export a copy of the document that way, the layers are preserved when opened in Photoshop. It appears that Pixelmator can translate its own format’s layers into layers in Photoshop format.

So that is what the other client should do: Open the layered Pixelmator Pro file, choose File > Export, and for Format, choose Photoshop. Then send that to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Conrad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines