• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pressure sensitivity of Wacom tablet not working anymore

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, photoshop CS6 and Windows 7.  I have no idea why, but the pressure sensitivity of my tablet won't work anymore.  I did a search on google to see if others had had the same problem, on a forum (I can't remember where) I found a solution that seems to have worked for many so I tried that...  Roughly, it said to uninstall my wacom driver, unplug the tablet, reboot, install driver, plug in the tablet and reset my preferences in photoshop.  I've done this last night and it worked, I was thrilled but it was late, was exhausted, so I turned off my computer and went to bed.  When I turned it back on and went in photoshop this morning it didn't work anymore, pressure sensitivity was gone again.  I get this little warning in my brush settings when I try to put it on Pen Pressure or tilt or other setting that requires pressure sensitivity, but it doesn't tell me how to fix it.  The only way I can get it to work is with the process I mentionned (uninstalling driver, unplugging tablet, rebooting etc...) but I'd need to do this every time I shut down my computer and that's a bit of a pain...  I've also tried installing different drivers, the latest one first, when that didn't work I tried older ones to see if it would make a difference to no avail...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm starting to feel a little desperate...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

I did read your post and found nothing that contradicts my statements.  But we've looked into these issues many times - and this sort of problem is due to the driver or hardware.

Yes, if you don't know the code or APIs involved, you might jump to bad conclusions.

But I do know what all is involved (and the fact that the Adobe apps don't share tablet code), and have sat down and debugged these issues more times than I can recall.

Please follow up with Wacom to determine the problem with your drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have tablet.dat in System32: I have tablet.dll's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Wacom's suggestions Lucie. I've had the same problem with my old Wacom Bamboo, so followed their instructions - to the letter - and it worked! went into photoshop and the exclamation mark was still there, then i used the pen and it disappeared and now sensitivity works. So THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem for a while, but then I read through this : http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/showthread.php?34648-Pen-pressure-sensitivity-not-working-in-phot...  which said that the problem is caused when you open photoshop with a mouse and then switch to tablet. I closed photoshop and repoened it using the pen, and it worked for me, so I thought I would share that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked perfectly for me.  I had uninstalled my drivers etc like others had suggested.  The sensitivity was working in Corel Painter 12, but not in Photoshop Elements 9.  I tried opening PS9 with the tablet and pen instead of the mouse and the sensitivity worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!! SO RELIEVED!! I had tried everything... uninstalling.. reinstalling, turning off tablet pen service in Services, messing with the pressure controls in Photoshop did nothing... just that little darned yellow pyramid telling me no. Then I found this thread and saw the comment about opening Photoshop up with the pen and pad instead of the mouse...

this fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is that?  I've just noted that I cant see pen pressure in Photoshop since upgrading to Windows 10

I saw this comment and thought, no what difference would that make.

I gave it a try and there it is, pen pressure is working again........?

I need a better solution though, than having to open Photoshop using the pen every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the forums, this works thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I finally fixed the pressure sensitivity in Photoshop 2017 with Windows 10 and the latest wacom Drivers, without having to use the dreaded windows INK. I guess Win Tab is no longer a service in Windows 10 or the latest wacom drivers, so I had to change it in the file. Hope this works for you all, this took me forever to figure out!!

Simply set your PSUserConfig file to:

# Use Wacom Professional Service

UseSystemStylus 0

See image below. screenshot.719.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything in this forum and on the internet (that I can find) over the space of to many months to fix my pen pressure issues. I am using an wacom intuos 5 pro, windows 10 and the latest version of Photoshop CC 2017 (have also just updated my wacom drivers).

I have pen pressure when using my tablet in Pen mode but I want to be able to work in Mouse mode and retain the pressure sensitivity which I haven't been able to do since changing from CS6 to CC.

I have:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled both Wacom and Photoshop

- Tested multiple tablets and pens/styluses

- Reset preferences in Wacom and Photoshop

- Opened photo shop using the pen/stylus instead of the mouse

- Added Photo shop as an application in the Wacom Tablet Properties

- Turned Windows Ink on and off and on, etc. in Wacom Tablet Properties

- Turned off everything I can for Windows Ink in Microsoft settings

- Contacted Wacom regarding this issue (helpful but could give me little advise to solve the problem)

Is there something I am missing or will I just need to be content with either working in pen mode which i dont like or having no pressure sensitivity in mouse mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius. Seriously. Kudos. If there's a heaven you're going there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Crud!... After trying everything above. This worked. It's so stupid,,, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and I was going insane.  For me though I was using Adobe Elements 11 and was using Intuos 3.  Additionally when I clicked Wacom Tablet Properties it said "THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND".  I tried reinstalling the driver and it seemed to work until I restarted and then I was back at square one.

I then stumbled across this link: http://zeico.tumblr.com/post/39457145207/wacom-tablet-driver-not-found-what-do

It basically instructs you to search for services in the search bar, click it, click Wacom Professional Service, restart this service, and viola the world can go back into motion.

I hope this solves your problem like it did mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I moved to Windows 8, my old Intuos 2 lost it's pressure sensitive support too.  I tried various versions of drivers and nothing worked.  Then I discovered by accident that if I had the driver properties window open everything works fine.  As soon as I close the properties window, all tools revert to full pressure.  Now, I have a shortcut to control-panel Wacom-Tablet-Properties on my desktop.

Note, I don't use photoshop (too expensive!), I use LightRoom and Corel PaintShop Pro (I can hear the hissing from here), but it wouldn't surprise me if the same solution works for PS.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue; I was attempting to open the preferences window in CS4, and it froze. I had to ctrl+alt+del to get my computer un-frozen. I reopened the program, tried to open Preference, same result.

I searched around on forums and one suggested the way to fix this crash bug was to hold ctrl+alt+shift while booting the program to clear out the preferences. It did that, which fixed the crashing issue, but got rid of the pressure sensitivity in both the regular and blob brushes. I followed other posts on these forums about checking that pressure sensitivity was enabled in brush preferences, reinstalled the latest drivers from wacom (from April 2014), rebooted both the system and Ai, checked the Human Interface devices under device manager, but nothing helped. Instead, I find this error screen popping up every time I boot up:

Capture.PNG

I searched the entire machine, and can't even FIND WacomDesktopCenter.exe, let alone update the framework.

I'm running Windows 7, CS4, and using a Wacom Cintiq 24HD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm on a time crunch for a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help~!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very similar issue and I eventually got mine to work. I checked Wacom's FAQ's... Nothing. This thread did not help either. So I figured, "What if Photoshop and Wacom are not the problem then that just leaves Windows. Worth a shot right?!" So I checked my windows settings. Control Panel >Pen and Touch > Press and Hold then disabled the check-box Enable press and hold for right clicking. I don't use Flicks so under the Flicks tab I unchecked Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily. For good measure I disabled automatic learning under Handwriting as well. (I know... but at this point I was infuriated. I was about to try everything)

I then re-installed my Wacom drivers (actually just installed the newer Wacom driver WacomTablet_6.3.8-4 over the older version WacomTablet_636-3. Yeah... I know). Restarted the PC, opened Photoshop and low and behold it worked. Pressure sensitivity and tilt were restored. Not completely scientific but I got it to work. That's the important thing. Let me know if this worked for you. Thanks.

Build: ASUS Rog

Current Wacom Driver: WacomTablet_6.3.8-4

Program: Adobe Photoshop CS6

Device: Intuos 3     Model: [PTZ-930]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this problem pop up - make sure windows ink is checked in the Wacom settings.

Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH • View topic - Pen pressure not working in mouse mode with Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, this was my issue - the pen seemed to display a lazy response to clicking or dragging, so much so that I had to press quite hard to register a click - I turned off Pen Flicks in the Windows Pen and Touch control panel, but nothing changed - then I read your post and thought aha! knowing I had seen that setting somewhere once before - sure enough, disabled the Press and Hold option and the pen is behaving as it should, with a feather-light touch I can now click and drag as I used to. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution of turning off long press to right click within windows ink essentially solved it for me. Thank you.

However, I noticed the following additional things. I'm on Windows 10 and photshop cc2015, wacom driver 6.3.14-1, intuos 5

1. If I reset or reinstall the driver, pressure works again. but..

2. as soon as I change "use windows ink" to "off" in the wacom panel, pressure sensitivity stops working in photoshop. Then if I tick it back on (or off), it still doesn't work from then on.

3. If I do the trick of turning of windows ink "press and hold to right click", then pressure in photoshop works again, but only when wacom "use windows ink" is ON.

4. Pressure is never lost within wacom control panel, these loss happens within photoshop.

5. I don't need to restart in between these steps, just re-open photoshop to check for the exclamation mark in brush settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem. It sucks that my job has been reduced to troubleshooting other company's software. Been having to use CC for mouse only functions while relying on my Galaxy Note in cases where I need pressure sensitivity. The response from tech support and forum mods has been nothing short of infuriating. Why should I have to be spending my time attempting fixes to your software? And if there is a fix why isn't it being rolled out in one of these updates that I thought was supposed to be the whole advantage of using CC? Migrating to CC has been a nightmare. Like others have stated the pen pressure crashes Photoshop every time I use it. Maybe I can pat my head, rub my belly, and do a little rain dance to try to get this thing working but I don't see why I should have to do that, I thought that was Adobe and Wacom's job. Anyone have suggestions for paint software outside of CC that will allow me to regain the functionality of my tablet? I got work to do and don't have time to fix this mess that has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening Photoshop with the Wacom pen and not the mouse. Its a short rain dance but its worth the trouble if it works.

Build: ASUS Rog

Current Wacom Driver: WacomTablet_6.3.8-4

Program: Adobe Photoshop CS6

Device: Intuos 3     Model: [PTZ-930]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried it but it did not work for me. To be fair, the CC installed at my house has not been causing me the same problems as the one at my work. But shoot, if its some sorta company network issue I am not going to have the slightest clue on how to troubleshoot that. I'm not an IT person just an artist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still same problem since 3 years with 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (testing 10.10). no workaround so far.

issue is always the same: i have a wacom intuos 5 large, connected with usb cable.

i work with an imac late 2013 with 32GB RAM and a mac pro 2014 with 64GB RAM (earlier it was a mac pro from 2006), both Adobe Photoshop cs6.

the sensitivity of the pen is not working, i tried 4 different pens, and different brushes.

sometimes it seems to work for a couple of minutes, later it doesnt work anymore.

i got used to bypass/managing the pressure with the keys 1-10, but i could also leave out the wacom, cause i bought it for having a sensitive pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its "Use Windows Ink" that's causing this. If you uncheck it Photoshop looses the ability to read pen pressure for some ungodly reason. I unchecked this myself because I am getting really bizarre lag when I go to move slider with the pen. With "Use Windows Ink" checked photoshop doesn't recognize millimeter precision movements for the first few centimeters. But with it unchecked no pen pressure. I don't know who to WTF at. Windows, Adobe, or Wacom? http://imgur.com/rwEpKLW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines