• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems getting GIF to stop Looping

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a project as animated GIF from After Effects and then brought it into Photoshop. I Edited the frames to be under 500. No matter what setting I choose either in the timeline or upon export, the GIF STILL Loops forever. Please Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

I got it figured out. I had no idea preview can't handle GIF's properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it figured out. I had no idea preview can't handle GIF's properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do? My gifs won't stop looping forwever. I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop and have also tried multiple online gif converter sites, always choosing 'once' for the looping options and I can't get my gifs to stop at one loop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I have found that there is something off about how macOS shows GIFs, not just Preview but using QuickLook in the Finder as well. They introduce various glitches that don’t happen normally.

As far as I can tell, the best way to preview an animated GIF as others will see it is to drop it into a web browser. Safari works fine so I test my animated GIFs there, but Chrome and the others should also work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines