• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ps 2021 throws errors when trying to open a psdc

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I open photoshop, go to recent files, try to open my file and the progress bar gets about half way and i get a dialog box saying error reading layer the document's appearance might be effected and do i want to continue, I click ok and i get another one saying the same thing for another layer so I click it, thios keeps happening for every layer, then the scratch discs fill up before I can even get it open. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same problem, I still do, and as I have read on other thread here, it can be caused by having too many layers (which I did, around 80). And I would click that amount of times on the 'ok' button in the error window, and nothing would happen.

This problem occurred when I had After Effects, Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition Open at the same time:clown_face:. I work on Mac. I cleaned the cash in After Effects and Premiere Pro. And then I closed all of those. After that, the photoshop file magically opened without any error messages. Maybe try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ed523 how much free HD/Scratch disk space do you have? How large is the psdc you are trying to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines