• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS makes lag or broken GPU function thingss?

Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how and what is.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/20-minutes-after-launch-ps-25-6-becom...

I've seen this thread before and thought of each other because he didn't use the latest drivers.

And I have a Photoshop version that I like stable every year.
Mainly use Photoshop 2020 (21.0.3) and 2023 (24.0.01).

And Photoshop 2024 was just updating Marilyz and just seeing if the bug I wanted fixed.
But since version 25.6? or 25.7 (now 25.7) something's definitely off.

My colleague and I are using the latest Nvidia Studio driver.

And before someone else says it, write it down, what you can be sure of
I've already reset and reinstalled Photoshop
It's not even a Windows OS privilege issue.
It's not a problem with the GPU, it's not a problem with the CPU.
It's not a problem with the plug-in, it's not a problem with the preset.

So I was able to narrow down the target to 25.6 to 25.7.

<suspected symptoms>

1. Photoshop's GPU functionality is not properly supported or it slows down very much like an error occurs.

2. This happens after a certain period of time.

3. Sometimes, if you use a feature like Select Subject, it slows down immediately.
(select subject classifier model not loaded correctly) << I don't remember the exact phrase of the error, but that also happens.

4. can't write new document preset file photoshop << Sometimes you get this error window, every time you try to shut it down

Some users seem to go through this at 25.6-25.7.

But on the contrary, 25.7 is fine.
However, other years of Photoshop were broken with the above symptoms. 

So I tried reinstalling Photoshop, resetting, and forced resetting the Photoshop setting folder.
After going through this process a few times, I also reinstalled 2024 (25.7), and now I think it's a little stable.
However, I also noticed Photoshop 2023 works strangely when I installed 25.7 on my colleague's computer.
So I don't think this is a bug that appears to everyone.
But it's been reproduced pretty easily, and something seems to be contaminating the existing Photoshop configuration files. Even if I reinstall Photoshop and remove all the components, it seems to break something.

I've been through this bug and had to work quickly, so I haven't been able to leave a record on this. (Recording a video or screenshot it like other bug threads I've reported). Sorry, excuse me.

@CJButler  @CoryShubert  Could you please look into this? Something strange is definitely going on.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jqqerry go to your current install help menu/system info and copy/paste the details here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines