• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps trying to connect to printer, I DONT HAVE ONE, press cancel - proceeds to crash app.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like above, im literally going crazy with this and spend hours trying to find solution. Im not gonna buy a dumb printer to fix this sudden photoshop error so it CAN connect and stop crashing. Why this billion dollar company can;t make a one software right? 

did anyone find solution to this when you DON'T have any printer and none is connected??? I saw old posts but they all have printers 

using windows, I did reinstall, did remove all preferencases and reinstalled. Only time it works when i make new ffile annd cant open any currently working on, everything else is crashing. 

image_480.png

image_480.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Reposting from this thread in case someone else has this issue.

Confirmed.
I was having the same issue.
I went to Windows > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners

• Removed any old printer drivers
  • Unticked - "Let Windows Manage My Default Printer"
  • A Default printer was automatically assigned

hellolovely_0-1707154110962.jpeg

Started PS, opened a file...

I still get the "Waiting for Printer Connection" error, but it clears after a second or two. No Crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a similar thread with a solution from Adobe Staff that you can try:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's one of two I have followed and nothing helped . Resseted all preferences too from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4pzMzNBIHs&ab_channel=InnateAcademy and it didn't help... 

✨EASY Design & Shopify Solutions FREE AI Art | FREE Templates | FREE Sublimation Supply List https://brandondemand.io/pages/101 5 Min Photoshop Templates https://brandondemand.io/pages/101 AI Class https://brandondemand.io/pages/101 Sublimation Ink, Paper, All-Over Buddy and Jigs ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's actually funny how old posts mention THIS promblem back in 2015. Great improvement to the software over the years, smh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.
PS is practically unusable.  This is new from Version 25.4 upgrade.
I have a printer, but it is not on and I never print from PS.

Photoshop_uGZAV4Yfs6.jpg

 

Photoshop_FSKxhPispt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting from this thread in case someone else has this issue.

Confirmed.
I was having the same issue.
I went to Windows > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners

• Removed any old printer drivers
  • Unticked - "Let Windows Manage My Default Printer"
  • A Default printer was automatically assigned

hellolovely_0-1707154110962.jpeg

Started PS, opened a file...

I still get the "Waiting for Printer Connection" error, but it clears after a second or two. No Crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this! The only thing that fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this message in a recent Photoshop update but on only one of my computers. This typically happens when running a script or plugin that opens a window. The message eventually goes away, but it stalls whatever I'm doing in the meantime. Fortunately, there's a Cancel button to make the message go away sooner, but I really shouldn't see the message at all.

This message never appears on my laptop, making me think it's something local with the desktop configuration or Photoshop settings. I haven't figured out what that could be yet.

The 'Let Windows Manages My Default Printer' option doesn't make any difference here because, on or off, the message still pops up.

If anyone has an idea about this, please post. Thanks! 🙂

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be related to a Windows 11 update because the message is apparently popping up in other programs. Here's some info I found:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waiting-for-printer-connection/765f18ba-7632-4...

I thought I started seeing this after a Photoshop update, but I suppose it could have been a Windows 11 update installed at around the same time..

This doesn't explain why I see this message only in Photoshop and only on one of my computers, but I'm going to try some of the suggested fixes. Will let everyone know if any of them work for me.

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines