• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rasterized text when exported from PSD to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I export a poster from PSD to PDF, it rasterizes the text and I can't select it in any PDF reader. Is there any way to keep the text as a text and to be able to select it once exported as a PDF (e.g. to copy-paste a sentence) ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Update : I realized the text got rasterized when exported as a PDF because the fonts were not directly downloaded on my PC. It's fixed now, thanks all for your answers !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you activated "Edit" mode in Acrobat? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but it doesn't allow me to select the text either. Moreover, I would like anyone to be able to copy-paste easily the text from my document in any PDF viewer, and thus not have them activating the Edit Mode to do so. The idea is really for it to be as easy as if it was a text that had been exported from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sacha36828471ivrm 

When saving the Photoshop PDF, ensure that you have checked the box to include layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF is a graphic/rasterized image of a document. Here is a link to Adobe Acrobat which might be able to work for you. I haven't tried it myself.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF is a graphic/rasterized image of a document.

By @KR Seals

Not always.

A PDF can contain raster, vector, text and gradient objects, among other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF is so much more then  graphic/rasterized image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought. What preset did you use?  High Quality Print gives best quality even if intended for online use and not for printing.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update : I realized the text got rasterized when exported as a PDF because the fonts were not directly downloaded on my PC. It's fixed now, thanks all for your answers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines