• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-installing CS6 on new computer

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install my registered Photoshop CS6 from the original install discs to a new computer (Surface Pro 8, i5 Windows 11).  I have not deactivated it yet on my other computer, as I want to ensure that the new install works first.  However, when I try to sign in during installation, I get a message to update my browser and software, and the Adobe Installation Manager window is stuck open (I have to use Task Manager to shut it down). I got the same thing when I tried to download it from my Adobe account.  The install seemed to proceed, but it will only run for 7 days unless I sign in (which I am unable to do).  If anyone has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are entitled to 2 activations and unless both are spoken for, you can try entering the serial and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gener7, I entered the serial number and can start Photoshop, but I get a warning that if I don't sign in, the program will stop working after 7 days.  The problem is that when I try to sign in, a message appears telling me to update my browser and software (and then I can't close the dialog window without using Task Manager).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might be CS6 is wrestling with a modern OS 12 years ahead of release, so see if this will fix it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible-with-windows-783d...

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/reactivate-older-apps.html

This is a tough one. Maybe someone here will know how to fix it or you can contact support. since you registered CS6, maybe they can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck I'm afraid.  I was able to run it without any problems on WIndows 10, but Windows 11 doesn't seem to like it.  Thanks anyway for you help, much appreciated.

I run Mac OS myself, so I'm not  much use here. One more trick: Have you right-clicked on the Photoshop CS6.exe and select "run as administrator"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Mac OS myself, so I'm not  much use here. One more trick: Have you right-clicked on the Photoshop CS6.exe and select "run as administrator"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that earlier on.  I'll try going back to Windows 10 on my new computer to see if that fixes it.  Will let you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that didn't work either!  Same issue - the app will run, but I can't sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines