Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

really hate the new photoshop updates

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop gets worse and worse.

I really do not like your product team's decision making.

This UI is so clunky, it's so "over reactive". 

So irritated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the "home screen" you can easily dsable that and you'll never have to see it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have multiple versions installed, so use an earlier version that you like, and only use the most recent if you need one of the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't give us any detailed information about what bothers you about the UI.

Please decribe more detailed what you mean.

I don't see so much differences between the UI of the recent and former versions. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same But its everything that they change. Its as if the people that make these changes to PS isnt graphic designers.

Listen ive been a graphic design since 1999, what makes me a fast worker and super professional is that I can do things really quick in my programs. They change things around, add all this extras that gets in the way. with each update i am slower and slower with my projects. for example my quick keys like the main move tool. Now every time I click "V" it toggles my tool to the Artboard tool which I never need that tool and I always have to stop what I am doing and toggle back 100 times per project. DEAR ADOBE: stop trying to fix what isnt broke and changing the programs every single time.

Its almost as if they got 20 year olds re writing the main programs I use to make a living. It is the MOST frustrating. To the point that it makes me want to change my profession. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few options for fixing that dilemma.

Preferences > Tools  checkmark "Use Shift key for Tool Switch". That stops a "key bounce" from switching the Tool.

Edit > Keyboard shortcuts: Delete or modify the keyboard shortcut for the artboard.

Edit > Toolbar  If you don't use Artboards, move the icon into the Extras Tools column. It won't show up in the Toolbar. You can either move or remove other Tools to better improve your workflow.

My guess is that Adobe is meeting the needs of other professionals that use tools you don't, but they do allow you to modify items in the workspace to your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not just a program for graphic designers, but also for photographers and other creative people, and Adobe has to cater to all users. There is no application that will satisfy everyone's working style 100%. Every user has different needs and their own working style. Photoshop can be largely adapted to suit your own needs as @gener7 wrote.
In addition, in my opinion there are programs that are better suited to pure graphic designers than Photoshop, e.g. Adobe's Illustrator.

Also, nobody forces you to install every update.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter whether you think you have been using Photoshop for a long time you should still read the »What’s New« section of the Help when installing a new version. 

That way the various settings @gener7 mentioned might have been familar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christina, please don't take this the wrong way, but someone who likes to work quickly, it sounds like you are missing a few tricks.

Starting with the Move and Artboard shortcuts, if you never use Artboards, why does it have a shortcut.  Like you, I very rarely use Artboards, bit I chose to keep it in my custom toolbar because it helps me arrange the toolbar.  I have removed the shortcut however (just select it and delete it) so I know that when I hit the V key I _always_ get the move tool.  From what you can see of the Edit Toolbar Panel in my screenshot, the W key toggles Object and Quick Select tools and never the Magic Wand tool, because its quicker.  Having a double row with most of the tool icons isolated means I can also use the mouse or stylus.  

image.png

Another thing that has always puzzled me is why would we use the Shift key to toggle between tools with the same shortcut?  Hitting the shortcut without the Modifier is easier and works the same.

image.png

Do you work on a laptop?  I ask because having limited screen space is the only reason I can think of why a person would use the default Function key shortcuts.  Otherwise they are a solid gold resource that can be put to better use.  I use them to trigger short Actions that set and reset my custom workspaces, make Smart Object, new Smart Object Via Copy, Rasterise layer (I hate that right click menu.  I also use them to add canvas, trim, toggle Lazy Nezumi Pro on and off and select presets etc.  It is a wonderful feeling making those things happen with a single key press.

image.png

Bring it all together with custom workspaces, and save your custom toolbars and shortcuts with those workspaces.  Appart from the convenience of this, it is the best way I know of saving your custom shortcuts.  I answer a post a few days ago from a user who was losing his custom shortcuts every time he updated. If he had them saved with a workspace then resetting that workspace would retrive the shortcuts.

image.png

What is really cool is repurposing the same shortcuts according to context.  Michael Ninness did an excellent workshop at MAX in 2014 (I think) called Photoshop Power Shortcuts that I loved, and I still use a lot of his custom shortcuts like these arrange windows.  However, I use Free Transform Step & Repeat a lot (Shift Ctrl Alt T) so I switch to a modified Essentials (with F6) to do that, and hit F5 to go back to my three screen workspace.   

image.png

These things can REALLY speed up your workflow.  

BTW  My current favourite shortcut is F12 Make Smart Oject because I use it multiple times with every project, and like I said, I hate the right click and search that list (that gets long with every update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines