• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate View Tool Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open any type of document in Photoshop CS4, the Rotate View Tool continually tells me that the:

"Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows"

I'm not sure what this means and would appreciate any advice. This tool would be very beneficial to me considering the type of work I do.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

We need more information. What version of PS. OS, Video card and drivers.

Look in PS, Edit, prefrences, performance. There should be a opengl box to enable. Check that and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information. What version of PS. OS, Video card and drivers.

Look in PS, Edit, prefrences, performance. There should be a opengl box to enable. Check that and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're suggestions in the preferences area worked perfectly.

Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS 2018 latest one and i don't see the setting in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OpenGL Box does not exist in my settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ready to overcome obstacles and enhance your design experience? Visit globalwritingsolution.com to discover tips, tricks, and tutorials for optimizing your design tools. Let's transform frustration into innovation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NASAphotographer wrote:

"Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows"

I'm not sure what this means and would appreciate any advice. ..

The message means that OpenGL has not been enabled, most likely because either your video card does not support the necessary OpenGL functions or the video driver needs to be updated to provide this support.  In PS CS4 look at Edit > Preferences > Performance.  Try to check on Enable OpenGL Drawing.

You might find this Adobe Knowledge Base article of interest:  <http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404898.html>  "GPU and OpenGL Features and Limitations in Photoshop CS4"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in PH CC17
I tried open performance and changed few times preferences there but it does not work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGrGVJjZyC0 you could follow this guideline as well, it worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in CC2018 it does not but not CC2020. What's the deal? Adobe wasting alot time AND energy these days with its "newbie" focused approach again? 😐 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm using the newest update (Photoshop 2020, vrs 21.2.2) and when I try to use the Rotate View Tool I get the error message "Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows".

I have only experienced this issue recently with the new update, it worked fine in CC 2019.

As far as I know my graphics card is supported (ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB)

Are there any plans to address this bug?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue after the upgrade.

The route that worked for me was  Photsohop > Preferences > Performance > Checked Use Graphics Processor 

Then restarted photoshop. 

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this worked! thank you. At first i thought it wasn't solved but then i just had to restart 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, running Photoshop 2020 v 21.1.2 on a PC with two NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPUs

Really killing my ability to cel animate in photoshop. Hope they address this soon 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My option to check the box for "Checked Use Graphics Processor" is grayed out. Is there another way to get my rotate tool to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wondering if you are having that issue using a MAC? I have the same issue. Did you find a fix for it. I know that someone found away using Windows. But I haven't found a fix for MAC yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried the Photsohop > Preferences > Performance > Checked Use Graphics Processor but I had it already checked, and when I went into Graphics Processor Advanced Settings it faded out the checkbox for the Use OpenCL. Is there any other solutions? I have Photoshop2020 and the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Never encountered this until recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't found a solution, so if you do, please let me know.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's got me too! As of today, for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here looking for a solution to this error message in Photoshop v 22.

I had the Use Graphics Processor option already checked. The other thing I experienced was that I could rotate some files that I had open in Photoshop, but not the one that I was currently working on.

I closed all the files except for the one that I was working on. I was then able to rotate the canvas as expected. 

This is not on the most tricked out computer, just a capable older iMac with what must be a stock graphics processor. I had 5 files open. None of them huge, like ~50-60 Mb each.

Maybe this will be of help to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Exactly the same situation for me. This worked! I wish Adobe would fix this bug though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2022 (23.5.3) and run into this bug frequently (Windows 11). One failsafe way I have gotten rid of it was resetting my preferences, but frankly, I was tired of doing that as I lose all of my custom keyboard shortcuts, etc. And the "Use Graphics Processor" has always been checked for me as well when this bug showed up. Today I tried unchecking the box, closing photoshop. Then reopening, checking the box, and closing photoshop. Then reopening again. On the third reopen (with the box checked), the rotate and dynamic zoom were working again without having to reset my preferences. Hope this continues to work and maybe helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sarah27527846x02e. I used your solution to fix a broken rotate tool in version 25.5.1 (March 20204). I'm glad the new releases fix some of the program bugs. I wish they'd stop repeating ones like these.  (insert frustrated eye roll here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines