Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save for Web' not working Photoshop CC 2020

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

My save for web option is not working. Every time I try to save using the Save for Web ( Legacy) option I get an error message. 

Please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Take this as a blessing in disguise.  Legacy Save for Web is outdated.  That's what legacy means.

Use File > Export > Export As.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide more information about this. Please share the error message what you are getting when you are trying to do "Save for Web". This will help us to look into the issues. 

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a gif using the save for web feature. 

SAVE FOR WEB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean you want to save an animated GIF (not static GIF) with legacy Save for Web. 

First, reduce file size by bringing height and width down to something under 500 x 500px.

Next, reduce the number of frames in your animation and loop it.

Assuming your machine has enough available memory for the job, it should work.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reducing the file size is the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an application corruption I suggest you reset your Photoshop preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Although you can use the Save for Web, the feature has been deprecated and has  been replaced by File > Export > Export As ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I save a gif using Export As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you not able to use the the feature "Export -> Save for Web (Legacy)..." feature ? See screenshot for the reference

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 8.40.56 PM.png

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can try to save the gif that way but it gives me the 'adobe save for web error'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting the preferences or trying to save at another location?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding File > Export > Export As ...

In the subsequent dialogue box there's a Format drop-down menu and you can select a number of formats, including GIF.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.34.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it this way. It saves the gif as a static image. What am I missing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you convert the layers into animation frames? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, finally! I found a guy that figured it out on Youtube. Just go into image size and change it to 350 pixels by whatever. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the Save for Web error. Which Photoshop version do you have installed? Check out the following troubleshooting article and try the offered suggestions: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#AdobeSaveforWebError

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have also received the same Save for Web Error a handful of times with Photoshop 21.2.

My file is saved at 72dpi; and I get this when slicing and saving for web. I've tried quitting out of photoshop and restarting my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I have the same issue. I tried your link suggestions but still get the same message 'Adobe Save for Web Error',  since I updated Photoshop and OS system together.

It's Photoshop 21.2 and macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

The image size is 3.2M, 864x1296 px, 144dpi, a simple 3 layered file, one of the layers is a Psb video. The file size is 10.7Mb. This file was saving fine for Gif animation with the previous version of Photoshop and mac OS.

I got rid of Photoshop app and redownloaded but still not working.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a guy that figured it out on Youtube. Just go into image size and change it to 350 pixels by whatever. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!, I'm having the same problem. Photoshop v21.2.2 (mac os 10.13.6)

Can't Save for Web (Legacy...)

What can I do? I really don't want to upgrade my mac os, I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) and I have some friends with bad experiences with catalina... 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 13.08.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone helpme with this? I really use that tool and I couldnt find any replacement with photoshop. 

Hi!, I'm having the same problem. Photoshop v21.2.2 (mac os 10.13.6 Sierra)

Can't Save for Web (Legacy...)

What can I do? I really don't want to upgrade my mac os, I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) and I have some friends with bad experiences with catalina... 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take this as a blessing in disguise.  Legacy Save for Web is outdated.  That's what legacy means.

Use File > Export > Export As.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've try that, but it doesn't work (or I don´t know how), to export animated gifs. 
How do I do that? 

I always used Legacy Save for Web for saving and settings of gifs, is there any other way?

Thks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines