• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scaling strokes and effects proportionally in photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to photoshop 2023 I cant scale objects and strokes proportionally can someone help me with this?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uncheck the »Maintain aspect ratio«-button (the chain-icon) in the Options Bar? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Options Bar. 

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 17.29.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the maintain aspect ratio is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And transforming a Layer/Smart Object proporttionally by dragging a handle still does not work? 

I already asked once: Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not my problem. Im trying to scale an object with a stroke and both should scale proportionally.

store22588801cjuk_0-1671471267201.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@store22588801cjuk wrote:

thats not my problem. Im trying to scale an object with a stroke and both should scale proportionally.

Then your original post 

Since I upgraded to photoshop 2023 I cant scale objects and strokes proportionally can someone help me with this?

seems misleading to me. 

Edit: But I guess I may have misinterpreted that original statement. 

So far I don’t know if you are talking about the Layer Style »Stroke« or a Shape Layer Stroke so would you please post a meaningful screenshot already? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about scaling objects that have a stroke. for example this when I scale it the stroke becomes misproportioned according to the shape.

store22588801cjuk_0-1671480117264.png

store22588801cjuk_1-1671480213888.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked: 

»Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible?«

So would you please post a meaningful screenshot already?

Because I still don’t know »if you are talking about the Layer Style »Stroke« or a Shape Layer Stroke«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some work-arounds: 

• You could convert the object to a Smart Object before transforming 

• If the Stroke is a Layer Style you could use Layer > Layer Style > Scale Effects after the transformation to adjust the Layer Styles 

Could you describe exactly what you did in the old Photoshop version and how the result differed from the current one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old photoshop there was a setting in prefrences called scale strokes and effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Photoshop version was that? 

Please post the requested screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022. which screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked for a meaningful screenshot repeatedly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please specify what I should send you a screenshot of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@store22588801cjuk wrote:

Can you please specify what I should send you a screenshot of?

I have done that again and again. 

Anyway … could you be confusing Photoshop and Illustrator? 

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 08.01.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Ahahaha so they implemented strokes in shapes in photoshop but didn't added possibility to scale them proportionally when resizing shape without converting it to smart object. Wait WUT. I have no words lol. Just cant describe how dumb and illogical it is, thats just nonsense. (Abuse removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rundlab , please mind your manners. 

Photoshop is still a pixel oriented application, with limited vector options, and you may want to do vector-heavy work in Illustrator or another vector-oriented application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also scripts to automate this task:

https://www.mightyplugins.cc/magic-scripts

https://youtu.be/7mXQ9oQAznQ

Usually layers resizing keep styles size. So I made my own resizing. Download: http://bereza.cz/ps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines