• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling at the edge of the screen goes crazy fast

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm using the ruler or creating a selection, sometimes I go towards the edge of the screen to have that tool cover a larger portion of the document, especially when I'm zoomed in. However, while I would love to make use of this, it appears when I do this it just scrolls so fast that I end up at the end of the document almost every time. This auto scroll speed is so fast that it makes it completely unusable. Is there any way to slow it down?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting it well what is exactlly going on. There isn't any option in preferences to control speed of scrolling or similar.

And by the way, you are controling how fast is revealing hidden parts by speed of dragging. If you move mouse on edge or beyond and hold it will force faster scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dragging to make measurements with the ruler, or dragging to make a selection. When I reach the edge of the screen, because I want to drag further into the document, I do, but the speed at which this drags is incredibly fast. It doesn't seem to matter in any sense how fast my mouse is moving, it just jumps several hundred pixels per refresh. There needs to be a setting that controls the velocity of this scrolling movement, because it's way too fast to be usable. I always end up having to undo the action I just did, and try to estimate it when zoomed out, which is less accurate. I'm trying to make precise movements, hence the zoom, so I'd like a slow speed when it automatically starts scrolling at the edge of the screen while dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse acceleration is in your mouse settings, either in Windows or the vendor's software (Logitech etc).

The only Photoshop setting that affects mouse operation is "enable overscroll", but it doesn't sound like that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the mouse itself. My mouse movement is fine. It's the way photoshop scrolls as you drag something off the screen. It's WAY faster than my mouse movement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then it's this, the only Photoshop setting that can possibly match your description. No other Photoshop settings affect mouse operation.

overscroll.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just checked and this option was turned off, and turning it on didn't improve the situation unfortunately. I appreciate the attempt to help, but it seems that this behavior likely isn't adjustable at the moment. If other people aren't experiencing it, then I wonder if the faster scrolling could be attributed to CPU or GPU speed, or refresh rate, or possibly image DPI, as I am working with high DPI images. Not sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines