• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling too slow issue [cc 2015]

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and foremost: kudos on the improvements.

However, in a document that's, say, 5000 pixels high scrolling to the bottom takes around 30 seconds.

.edit: in fact, if you scroll down long enough, it actually starts scrolling back up. What the ...!

So far, I've eliminated my mouse from the equation. I'll test at home too, to see if it's something related to the GFX.

System specs here:

i7-2600 @ 3.4Ghz

Radeon HD 6450

16GB DDR3 Ram

Windows 7

Let me know if specific other details are required, and I'll supply.

(Unless it's my credit card. You can't get my credit card number. Stop asking.)

Note: I had to revert to CC 2014. I can't work without having my scroll work properly.

Cheers!

- Dirk

Message was edited by: Dirk van Boxtel - added specifics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Solution: Disable Rulers...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and deactivate rulers is a good solution, but we can't work without rulers, we need a real solution from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same Problem. I noticed, that when you turn on "flick panning", everything works totally smoothly. Turn it off, stutters like hell. Anyone experienced the same effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. If I scroll with the mouse wheel very fast I can see the document still scrolling long after I've stopped scrolling the wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they do test it, but amazingly things slip through. Adobe is aware of this issue, and it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your machine settings mine defaulted Photoshop back to using the Intel on board graphics instead of the dedicated card. This improved it for me and the rulers are still on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to CC 2014 and overall it runs faster on my machine VS. CC 2015.

Had to do this with Lightroom as well. Why are you releasing broken products, Adobe?

EDIT: lmao the pending approval message sent to my email was in Japanese. Pretty much confirms any doubt Adobe has no idea what they are doing anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something in their system made the language get set to Chinese. I had the same issue.

I believe I fixed the "language" setting here: https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa

I swear I'd never touched that before. I just started receiving Chinese email one day. Very strange. Might've been some kind of "update" they did :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ruler is really bugged. The scroll with the ruler turned on is unusable. In older versions there was no such problem. Going to go back to the older version.

Intel Broadwell i7-5700HQ

16Gb RAM

GTX 980 8Gb

Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I rolled back to CC 2014 for Photoshop.  Really sucks that this isn't getting fixed.  It was really slow in 3D as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. Turning off the rulers helped fix the problem. July 31st and no update to fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ironically, the zooming is supposed to be faster with 'Mercury Performance'. Haha. I can't believe Adobe made such a sad mistake. "Hey look, zooming is faster with this new performance upgrade! Oh wait... no... it's actually slower."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if they have corrected this mouse scroll issue? I haven't done an update and was wondering if it is in the last update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It better. I'm not sure if it's 100%, but much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was reported half year ago... Adobe release updates almost every week but this issue is still not fixed... I'm still using cc2014 because of this stupid bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1  I was just revisiting this thread to comment something very similar.  Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Running I7 with 8GB of RAM on Win 8.  No issues with 2014 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait for more than one year... the problem is still not fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem as well. Disabling rulers still makes it somewhat better, but scrolling is still sub-par.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017 (on Windows 7 64)

mouse-wheel scroll is unusably slow.
(rulers already hidden)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW THANKS! I removed my rulers and suddenly my scrolling was buttery smooth Never thought it could be that! HAHA THANKS BRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines