Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Help

Contributor ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PS heros

We all love the live shape tool, however I am creating a rectangle with a right custom angle and was wondering what is the best practice to do this? I just used a mask to hide the clip part.

The goal is to have this shape as clean as possible and then i want to be able to offer a 1,2,3px clean border on inside of the shape.

What is the best practice to achieve this gang?

Right now i can add a stroke border on the masked shape, but i feel there is a better method a more cleaner method.

Shape.pngShape_Border.png

PS.png

Thank you all.

Sticks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Yes it works on windows with photoshop ver 24.

Put the Corner Editor.jsx in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Presets\Scripts

Then from within photoshop, File>scripts>Corner Editor

Screenshot-(93).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks sweet Jeff, so tell me does that work with a PC and the newer PS version 24?

Once i create a rectangle in PS, where is the script (once installed) to run it for the settings above 0, 40,0,0

Can you point me to the path for the script, once i have the rectangle shape made?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works on windows with photoshop ver 24.

Put the Corner Editor.jsx in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Presets\Scripts

Then from within photoshop, File>scripts>Corner Editor

Screenshot-(93).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff your instructions are spot on sir, thank you very much. So my results arent the same as yours and i dont know why really. I created a 300 px X 50px rectanle and opened the script and set the radius pattern the same as yours and see my image has a rounded radius not a angled degree radius like yours??

Screenshot 2023-05-07 153551.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-07 155105_222.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do i select CHAMFER button? is that my issue here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff thank you and i think this is the best we have as of today for 3rd party scripts. I think the chamfer button is the one i hit to get the angle, however i wish we had control over the Y & X axis so i can match the slice perfect to the image i am posting here. But the software on a 300px x 50px rectangle and 0,30,0,0 is close but still off of course.

Unless we have better options i might have missed i think this is the best it gets. LMK thoughts.

image_png.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff can you confirm the questions on chamfer and x-y axis perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines