• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 112 - Through the keyhole!

Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is said that no good comes to those who spy through keyholes, but I bet we could get some imaginative takes on what we might see. Will you reveal a deep secret or show us "what the butler actually saw"?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 2000 x 3000 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW112Keyhole.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I was very fond of your Photoshop and Photoshop for Beginners banners.  Anyway, forgive me for distorting your very fine lock (um... I mean keyhole).  I had envisioned something more Daliesque for this but after migrating 4 domains to a new server, frankly my brain hurts.  So just use your imagination.

lock-n-key.jpg

Stay safe everyone!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distorting reality is what it's about Nancy. You reminded me that we had a key back in SFTW19

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.  Very cool Nancy.  That's the sort of key Loyd Grossman used to hand over many years ago.  IQ a long way short of your key, but they barely had colour television when that show was on.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DejaVu?

112Key.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW112KeyholeAviles2.jpg

Alas, their relationship was doomed from the start...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that relationship will never work 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 'key' is how you wiggle it... or so I'm told

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow The Lock Picking Lawyer and Bosnian Bill on YouTube, you'll know there are not many locks they can't open, and a suprising number by simply wriggling, or zipping in and out, a rake or wave pick that look like these (you still need a tensioner):

image.png

It looked interesting, so I ordered a set of picks from Bangood, and of course it is nowhere near as easy as the experts make it look.  It is still facinating to watch though.

The Lock Picking Lawyer

Bosnian Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW112KeyholeRC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice animation of past challenges Jacob 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave.

I started out with 28 half/whole door openings but owing to limitations I had to cut down (in two rounds) to settle for 16 (34 frames at 1600x1600px (to enable full size viewing by RightClicking) made from PNGs, total size 29 MB, optimized to the limit of my (in)ability).

Depending on how it is counted, it contains a total of 26 to 28 different challenges including the current SFTW112 door frame and the half door itself with its boards recycled from the SFTW108 beach huts; the SFTW42 Gundeck holds 9 (then the lot from my joining in SFTW34), but the SFTW38 PS eye is out of sight to the left so only 8 can be seen (unless you get closer to the door), and there are 4 doubles, but on the other hand both the SFTW 37 Attic (scene) and the SFTW52 Petra appear twice; and the lamp heating/bathing the SFTW95 ducklings in light is out of sight to the top right (again unless you get closer to the door).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week112_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the secret garden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Secret indeed, and full of weed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly Genesis 3   🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I have to thank you. This is such a cool thing that you have been doing every week!  Not sure if you get thanked enough. As it is such a fun initiative and inspirational!

I may not be able to take part every week due to other things.... but I love it even just to look at the creativity is fun!!!!!

Cheers,

Kenn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kenn, I like to see what people make with these starter images. It is great to see creativity shared.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 with Kenn. Thank you, Dave!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually that looks like my local beach Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo've got me thinking of something else that uses two keys.  How scary is it that the crazy person we saw on the TV last night has the power to make this happen?

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway Maybe all beaches look alike? I took this at a Maryland beach in January — well before the lockdowns.

jane-e_0-1601602209062.png

@Trevor.Dennis How scary? Extremely scary!!!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the water in your beach looks warmer than mine and the sand is harder but I'm willing to bet people enjoy them both the same

Screenshot (4269).png

Imo the scary part is who allows him to have that power and that think whom ever is next will be any different!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that it was warmer on a bitter cold day in January, Graham! There was one other person hardy enough to be on the beach that day, and he was combing the sand with a metal detector.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines