• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 114 - Drinking fountain

Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier this week, I came across this old drinking fountain in the village of Lealholm, in the North York Moors. The stonework is fine but the old drinking fountain has fallen into disrepair and now there is only a pipe and broken tap. Can you fix it and give us something more ornate, or can you put it to a new use?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 5544 x 3672 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW114DrinkingFountain.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I'm going through my ancient egyptian period 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week114.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow the Pandoora road 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look that up.  Interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gate to the moors - I like it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the alternative Arc de Triomphe.  Great idea and very well done Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes me want to cry, @Trevor.Dennis  but that may be all the onions! 🤣

The Arch in Washington Square Park was modeled after the Arc de Triomphe, which is based on the Arch of Titus. A bunch of years ago, I lived a minute's walk from this arc.

5BA07059-E4E7-4C4C-883D-50E8DEE651DA.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't their a dog play area there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe, but I didn't see one a couple of years ago I walked to Washington Square before Tricia's last NYC event for ACPs, but it was graduation day and the park was filled with NYU graduates getting their photos taken in front of the arch and fountain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It waits. It always waits in the shadows...

SFTW114DrinkingFountain-WU.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And its distracting by colour becomes even more convincing when it gets darker (as anyone can see by hovering).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scary place, and I always thought the North York Moors to be a nice friendly place 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, do you mind if I post this thread over on my Twitter, along with my modified image? (I can't promise if someone will take it without asking but it's good for promotion anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Twitter strip out the authorship and copyright Exif  James?  

If it leaves that data intact then yes you can use the original image. If  Twitter removes it, then I would ask you not to. I stopped posting images in this forum last year when the Exif ownership data was being stripped.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, no, not your original image; just mine. (The one I posted.) I was thinking just as a promo thing where I'd point them to here.

They do strip the EXIF data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, post yours with a pointer here. No problem.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An advance Halloween image Jacob ? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, Dave, based solely on three of yours with the addition of one mouse, two cats, and nine pairs of eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not in the best creative mood from Zoom to Zoom...Fire...Elections..Covid...chana inthe skypng.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's looking like a poster for "Escape from Lockdown" Chana 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is so stinky about your water fountain, Dave, that the stench has attracted him all the way from the debate in Ohio to the quiet village of Lealholm? Conspiracy theorists are saying it's a drone, but I say it's just a fly looking for foul, smelly things.

SFTW114DrinkingFountain JE2.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines