• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 124 - Snow kissed

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently?”, wrote Lewis Carroll.  So for this week we have the snow and the tree. What will you do with it?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 4368 x 2912 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW124SnowonLeaves.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So lively and birdy, Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I am sure the she bird is in the branches, on the other side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fettered night and day,

Nothing like a lovely owl,

Is there any hope

That anyone will kindly

Rescue this one in this tree?

Click/RightClick to get a little vloser, or Click Here to see in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW124.jpg

xmas down under

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really shows the meaning of down under, Graham.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But everybody knows that the Earth is flat! 

...and that Barak Obama wears a turban when the cameras are turned off.

That Fox News is a serious (and truthful) news station.

That Jane has a mountain lion as a pet.

That Linda McCartney was a talented opera singer before she met Paul. 

That Michael Jackson was born to the exact second that Elvis Presley died. Yeah, I'll leave 'you' to work out the significance of that!

That reading this post will make you pregnant.  (this one is actually true)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Conservatives no longer watch Fox News. It is dying. I wonder which news media anybody thinks aren't lying these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that Adobe actually tests their software is true... the real issue is that they ship it out regardless but thats a different can of worms

So i must be pregnant now... how hard could be right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought we agreed Ussnorway, that we were going to keep quiet about our love child (sad face).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That Jane has a mountain lion as a pet."

@Trevor.Dennis knows I have a pet mountain lion, as he took the photo and posted it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge/show-us-ur-pets/td-p/9742006?page=1#10239534

You have to scroll, but not very far. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those comments deserve a prize Trevor. The cheque's in the post 😉

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis : In case Dave's check is slow or never arrives, it's not his fault. He may have made the mistake of mailing it by the U.S. Postal Service, which used to be reliable but is now in disarray after the new postmaster general instituted "cost-saving" measures and removed mail sorting equipment as a means to slow the mail just as folks began to cast their votes by mail-in ballot.

+1 that your comments deserve a prize! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, the world is in complete disarray nowadays, and strange has become the new norm.  We had a news article about the 36 cases of COVID in Antarctica tonight, and the image they used was so obviously the Grand Tetons.

image.png

Or it could be that Area 51 and DARPA, need low temperatures to develop their Stargate facility, and the silly beggers have moved the Grand Tetons to Antarctica.  Does anyone here live in the Jackson Hole area, and can pop and have a look for us?  Come to think of it, our lights went a bit dim for a while last night.

True story:  I crashed out of the luge at Jackson Hole about 30 years, ago while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.  There was no grass back then.  Just gravel — a good bit of which I took away with me stuck to one of my arms and legs.  The ground might not have been green, but the air definitely turned blue!  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, for no sensible reason that picture reminds me of the 1988 Jamaican bobsleigh team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a totally crazy story — unless they were trying to win a prize in SFTW!

We were there about 30 years ago, too, @Trevor.Dennis — I'm surprised we didn't see each other? 😊. We only stopped in Jackson Hole for groceries though and stayed at a cabin in Colter Bay, so we never saw the Alpine Slide. Ouch! on the gravelly fall!

That was the only time I saw (and smelled) fresh s*c*a*t from a grizzly while hiking. The French speakers in the group won't need to translate the name.

~ Jane

EDIT: the over zealous nanny filter didn't like the correct word I tried to use. 

3DF24F70-0F8C-4DC2-81E3-CC7C65CD25D8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I can see that the forum nanny has relaxed and removed the "and wash out your mouth" part at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, did it smell like pepper?

IMG_0109.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, Rafael!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fake news? well the customer is always right so give them what they want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s-SFTW124SnowonLeaves-squirrel.jpg

(edit- squirrel photo by me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it looks like there is an animal theme, here is an Aussie one.

Happy holidays all.

SFTW124SnowonLeavesKoala.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, I hope the hidden lunch basket holds enough for the outing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he will freeze before he starves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the tree will be put in a warm house 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let it snow.....

SFTW124.gif

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines