• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 137 - Stage struck

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all that took part in our last "Table with a View" challenge.

For this weekend I bring you an empty stage. Who or what will you put on it in order to bring that stage to life?

From a technical point of view don't forget the shadows - there are two spotlights.  🙂

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW137_OnStage.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that, @Trevor.Dennis. But I’m a big fan of Kong, Willis O’Brien, and stop motion effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he does look like he is singing but is it a love song 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha... it may have started out that way... but tonight only means no auidence tomorrow...  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to SFTW Jain, and what a start!  He is certainly giving everything to that performance 🙂 .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dave. I look forward to more challenges!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone say “Stage Struck”?

SFTW137_OnStage JE3.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a second look Jane, then I realised that you had sneaked our microphone in there. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone say Shadows?

SFTW137_Shadows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, you said you had to take a second look to find the mic in "Stage Struck", but it took me an entire day to work out The Shadows!

~ Jane

1EA947E1-4122-4ED3-8FD7-4981227050F4.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's them Jane 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Am I right in guessing that the drummer is the lead singer?

But then again I should have expected his appearing on the left as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The order is by height. My grandmother called it stair-stepping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, Jane.

I asked because, judged by the shadows on curtain and floor, the drummer seems to be right behind the microphone (no shadow in front of the microphone stand base, no feet showing behind it), the others being ever further from the curtain thus avoiding the shadow stairstepping.

And that made me wonder about the seeming shadowlessness of the drum and drummer at the other microphone shadow on the curtain, and/or no denser shadow within the shadow of the tallest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But were they really there, or just Shadows?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only The Shadow Knows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-scB7ndNUVQ

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE FORUM KARAOKE cr SFTW137_OnStage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The expression on the cat's face - priceless ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to it again. Something poignant for the Brits of a certain age.

TommyCooperRIP.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am of that age Euan and remember him well 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember watching the TV show where it happened. Like mostly everybody else I think I thought it was part of the act.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not related to SFTW but found this video on youtube scenery is amazing and music isn't bad either 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvmrojwrzU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool Ged, and it bought back some memories.  Most of the images appear to be from and around the Isle of Skye (there are also shots that look like Edinburgh).  There are several shots of Eilean Donan Castle which is on the approach to Skye.  The rocks at the beginning are called The Old Man of Storr   I've enjoyed some great climbing on The Black Cuillin, which I thought was pretty hard core, but that was put into perspective by Danny Macaskill who carried his bike to the very top and rode it down again!  There is cool trick at the end of the video.

I visited an old friend while there.  He'd given up working as a graphic designer in London and moved to Skye to be a crab fisherman.  He did the monthly checks on the lighthouse we see later in the video, and as he had to take out a paying client on a fishing trip, he let me do the checks.  I had to phone Trinity House to say I was taking the light off line, and run the generators and make sure the two lights both worked OK.  Something I'll never forget. 

There's even a wee story about the bridge onto Sky that we see towards the end of the video.  When it was first opened the toll to cross was £5.20 each way, which was a ridiculous amount for the Islanders that worked on the mainland, so the locals protested and refused to pay.  They eventually stopped the tolls, but the protestors have been left with criminal records, and AFAIK are still fighting to have them repealled 17 years after the tolls ended.

There's an hour long documentary about the struggle made by the BBC

A wee snippet from the Wikipedia article that I liked:  Among those charged was Clodagh Mackenzie, an elderly lady from whom the land necessary for the bridge's arrival in Skye had been compulsorily purchased; the charges against her were subsequently dropped without explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis that's some mountain bike ride and the flip over the fence at the end just to finish it off 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I count myself lucky to live in Scotland particularly at the present time.

If you come to Scotland and are pressed for time, I live just 65 miles north of Edinburgh.

It's like Scotland in miniature. There are the glens which are rugged and scenic.

The rivers for fishing, sailing, swimming. Excellent local foods, craft beer and whisky.

Of course there is Golf. We are right beside Carnoustie and St. Andrews.

Angus_UK_relief_location_map.jpg

Well worth a visit 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines