• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 139 - Hang in there!

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is amazing what the craft community can make with a bent wire coathanger. So I wondered what our Photoshop community could do with it.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser). I've done the cut out work for you and put it on a transparent background 🙂 .

SFTW139_Hanger.png

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well done Jain 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks @davescm. You're too kind. That was the high water mark at the lake near our house in Texas a while back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love that there is not a cloud in the sky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My late entry.

SFTW139_HangerCliff.jpg
Background image credit: Photo by Valdemaras D. on Unsplash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness!!!  I came to this thread having moments before abandoned this YouTube video  at the 6:30 point, which showed a young lady in Australia who fell off a cliff after climbing past the safety barrier to take a selfie.   I was thinking I can't deal with this. I'll go for some light relief on the Photoshop forum and was smacked about the head by this image.  You Australians are a strange bunch Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Trevor, in New Zealand there would be another 15 people hanging from the coat-hanger by elastic bands 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I was one of them people, done this one many years ago

Skippers Bungy Anniversary Crew Jumps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one is you, @Ged_Traynor ? They look like they have all safety measures in place.

A 22-year-old bungee-jumped off a railway trestle ten minutes from my house. He measured the distance exactly, but forgot that the cord would stretch.

1997 Darwin Awards

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor - Yes, there are a lot of idiots all over the world that take selfies in places putting themselves in danger. I wan't thinking of that but maybe the person at the edge is giving that suggestion. I was thinking more of a movie style. Even those glorify the edge of the cliff, like the one below.

cliffhanger.jpg
Cliffhanger 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave - a comment made to my last post reminded me of Sydney's (and perhaps Australia's) most famous coat hanger.

sydneyCH.jpg
Photo credit: Photo by April Pethybridge on Unsplash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great idea Dean.  We saw the Harbour Bridge on our news tonight.  I can't remember what the news story was because I was busy comparing the real thing with your SFTW upload, and you have it pretty close.   It was good to see that you didn't pinch the design from our Auckland Harbour Bridge like you did with Pavlovas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor.

How about you keep Russel Crowe and we have the original pavlova. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's twice the Aussies have used steel from the NE of England to cross the harbour 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Sydney has a girl over tonight mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am a bit of a perfectionist. I have updated the pic with a slight correction. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean I just happened to still have this thread open in another browser tab, so I have the before and after versions.  I think I'd have struggled to know what you'd changed if I'd had to have done it from memory.  

I found this amazing image of the bridge being built. It was opened in 1932. image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, reminds me of the time I rowed across there in a 6ft dingy 🙂

Much fun ducking around the ferries !!

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow you are game... I assume the cops would step in if you tried that stunt today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a long story:

I was flying into Sydney and in  the next seat to me was a partner in a prestigious architectural practice in the city.

Over many whiskies on the way he suggested that if I wasn't too busy at the weekend i should join him on the firms 70ft racing yacht for a jaunt.

I readily agreed.
Sadly he phoned mid week to say that in a racing trial, the mast had broken.

Knowing my disappointment my Australian colleague said:

"don't worry, I'll take you out on mine on the weekend and we'll go around by the bridge"

Well, when we met us at the slipway it became clear that the 70ft racing yacht had been replaced with the aforementioned dinghy. 
To complete the downgrade of my expectations, we had only just set off when the heavens opened and the entire experience took place in driving rain.

Still, it's not many people who can say they've been six ft away from a harbour bay ferrie at sea level.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Euan, yesterday I thought of asking you whether you ran into Mark (McManus, the once shirtless one), until I saw your Martian comment and whiskies story, but with the recurrence of the harbour I almost have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm afraid Mark McManus doesn't ring any bells as they say.

Any further info?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a wee wink, Euan,

Mar 02, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now I understand 🙂

I'd forgotten all about it as it hasn't been shown for many years.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok at this point I think I should point out that a harbour bay ferrie has right of way... just a heads up in case you can't swim 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok at this point I think I should point out that a harbour bay ferrie has right of way... just a heads up in case you can't swim 😉

By @Ussnorway

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines