• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 148 - Pumpkin up the volume!

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks to all who participated in our previous kitchen challenge. With Halloween this weekend I thought we should do something related to that so, for this week's starter image, I bring you a pumpkin. What will you make with it?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW148Pumpkin.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane for the congrats. The correction is that I was one of the most tenured members. 🙂  There was a long list, a few in th 12+ years.

If you'd like to see the recording of the ACP Community Summit 2021, the link can be found on at the bottom of the page below:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals-acps-discussions/list-of-meeting-record... 
Mos tenured members list: around 26:30
ACP Wall of fame from about 27:00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another version.

SFTW148TractorFieldsPumpkin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good use of the previous SFTW images Dean - but can we let you get away with no reflection in the puddles ? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this better? 🙂

SFTW148TractorFieldsPumpkinRefl.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

much better yes 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's better 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aviles_210920_203-EditSFTW.jpg

The Great Pumpkin rises...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new use - is that a harvest moon ? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah!  That's kind of scary.  It would have made a great animation with the pumkin pulsating a tiny bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very late entry.  Time for bed, said Zebedee

image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Mr Pumpkin Head 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's a blast from the past, Trevor!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw I missed the name Zebedee. I did not know about this character. Just did some investigation:
https://the-magic-roundabout.fandom.com/wiki/Zebedee 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jane has reminded me that a lot of (most) people will have never seen The Magic Roundabout with Dougal the dog, Ermindale the snail, Dylan the rabbit, and Zebedee, who aluded to to with my image.  I think it must have only gone out to UK audiences, and Wikipedia tells me it ended in 1977.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Yes Jane has reminded me that a lot of (most) people will have never seen The Magic Roundabout...

Trevor, I started to wonder why we never knew about all the U.K. shows and found this:

"Basically, your computer has an ID called an IP address, and the BBC (or other UK channels) can detect where your IP is situated. If you are in the USA or overseas, they will automatically block you, regardless of whether you have a valid British television license.

"The only way that you can watch British live as people in Britain see it, or the various iplayers that the channels have nowadays is to trick the BBC or other channels into thinking that your IP address is situated somewhere within the UK. To do this, you normally have to use a computer situated in the UK as an intermediary between your computer and the BBC. This is known as a "proxy server" or sometimes just called a "proxy". I should point out that using a proxy server to access the BBC from the US could be considered morally questionable if you don't have a British TV license, as you are denying the BBC funding.

I have BritBox because my three siblings told me to, but it does not carry this show. You did a great job with the image, Trevor, and it's not Friday yet, so you're not even close to being late! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they can detect where your IP says it comes from but not where it actually is; for example in Australia most overseas addresss software will show us as being in Sydney no mater where we are i.,e north coast or Queensland will still say Sydney to outside because our network is designed that way

anyway you can use a tunnel... sometimes called a VPN (virtual private network) to hide your location from these sniffer devices ... a Proxy server is more about blocking unwanted sites i.e, p0rn or downloading big sites to a local server to save having to download the same data over and over but they tend to give out of date info and open a big can of worms for networking so most places have stopped using them unless they are a school of course

imo the morally questionable part is the idea that the BBC has the right to come into your home and ask what you are watching on your TV but thats another post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a creative one.  I wish I would have seen it.  Also, bad thing is I did not have time probably anyways.  I am planning a Hackathon for 8 campuses.  Whew.... will be happy when it ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines