• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 165 - Conely You

Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is having a well earned rest this week, so for this weeks challenge we have a cone, what can you make with it.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

cone2.png

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Ged

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 166 Replies 166
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cutting to the chase in Brokenwood

Click/RightClick to get closer, Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob for getting it started, I seem to remember that car 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite understand, Ged. Who can forget a 1971 Holden Kingswood (even without its looking like it has hit a smurf)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job Jacob,

In some ways this is funny.

Then on the other hand, any parent can certainly relate having to teach their young teenage children how to first drive! OMG, 😳😳

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, K.

I understand your concern, but in this case DSS Mike Shepherd is chasing a murderer and letting nothing get in the way, in full control as you can see by a closer look at the wheels. So genuinely funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I'm Totally clueless with the reference of, "DSS Mike Shepherd is chasing a murderer".

Your image composite just reminded me of my husband & I teaching our then teenager sons how to drive.

Fortunately no major crashes, just along the way a few dented fenders and such. 😉😗

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, K, I have drawn upon the NZ series Brokenwood Mysteries a number of times here, this time Leather and Lace, which could also have been called the Smurf Episode. DSS is a  police rank only found in NZ, by the way.

I should be surprised if none of our friends down under knows it (it has also aired up here including the UK/US, and is on DVD).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I can here you from here 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the perfect cone Trevor and quite a mouthful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, I tried to find a road workman as the basis for this, because it would fit better with the traffic cone element. but most of the image search results were obviously set up for stock photo sites, and showed office workers wearing pristine clean clothes awkwardly holding tools they were obviously not familiar with, and they even then, they were covered with more copyright overlays than I wanted to spend time removing, or they did not loan themselves to holding the cone.  I bet a good 25% of the time it takes to do a SFTW image is spent finding the all the image elements you need to build it.  Yandex was a good find, but it still takes time, and the earlier results are still flooded with stock photos.  If anyone has good ideas on looking for images, please share them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p>If anyone has good ideas on looking for images, please share them.
By @Trevor.Dennis

I use Adobe Stock for most of my images Trevor. Have you looked there?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Free category in Adobe Creative Cloud Stock and marketplace? There are some good images and graphics there.Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 8.32.30 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has good ideas on looking for images, please share them.

Occasionally I use pixabay. com. Also pixelsquid .com is pretty COOL (you can select a specific angle). If you scroll to the bottom of the site, you'll see "free content" under "learn more." You should definitely check out pixelsquid. ...or try to take your own photos. : )

- murphy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea of being able to chose an angle.  Finding things that match the perspective you need can be nine tenths of the problem.  I'll check them all out for sure, so thanks all for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged for stepping in.

Something evil about that cone.

Clown photo by Eugene Lagunov on Unsplash

165_clown.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, I wouldn't like to meet him in a dark ally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You're awful, Murray."

Probably one of the most chilling lines I've ever heard in a movie. You *know* something bad was going to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bowling ball looks worried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really clever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

165_IScreamCone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines