Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 172 - Toss a coin

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some excellent ideas and images in our last, 'Misty Nights', challenge. Thanks to all who took part.

This week we have something different. There are countless coins around the world. In the UK alone, according to the Royal Mint, it is estimated that there are around 29 billion coins in circulation. So I thought we should have our own SFTW coin.

Here is the blank coin. What will you put on it? Also feel free to show it in use.

A quick tip for anyone new to Photoshop, Layer Styles - Bevel and Emboss can be your friend here.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW172Coin.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 112 Replies 112
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to SFTW Michael.  I'm thinking that it would be very cool if you were also the Michael Mondragon Pro Wrestler.  My goodness.  I 'was' joking, but now I line up the images below, I am starting to think you really are one and the same.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael is a wrestler, so I would say that is him, but Michael can confirm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, my secret identity has been revealed!! My wrestling days are far behind me. It was a fun ride.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember you mentioning it at MAX. Very cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow a celebrity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool indeed.  If I ever get to MAX again, I'll have to hope you don't practice one of those body slams on me,  I love the YouTube channel as well. Tell me you are best buddies with Adam Savage and count me as even more impressed. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to SFTW Michael.

A cool coin and thanks for sharing that link 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the spirit of adobe max coming up. I think it is essential for all of us to put maximum effort into enjoying everything that Adobe does to help us create and use our imaginations to make essential and creative products for the world to see.

Adobe_Maximum_effort.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the texture in the B&E Nick.  Is that one of the default textures?    Just one thing is worrying me.  Did the 'help us create and use our imaginations to make essential and creative products for the world to see.'  line really come out of your head or did you use one of those 'management speak' generators ;-). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for compliments on the effect.

I like the message that describes it too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a water texture that is in the texture part of b&e. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Nick - a good sentiment and a cool coin !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a wish.

SFTW172CoinWell.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Dean - and good use of the SFTW161 starter image 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, I have a feeing that the man with the cap and glove on his right hand, was perhaps dropping a gold ball in the source image. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trever - your feelings are correct. He is a golfer. Maybe wishing for a better handicap. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commorative Photoshop Tutorial Coin

Something-for-the-Weekend---Part-172---Toss-a-coin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine how happy going shopping would be with coins like that 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so uninspiring:

SFTW172Coin.jpg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that - very topical. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired by my three pie pumpkins waiting to be peeled, seeded, cooked, and mashed.

SFTW172Coin JE02.jpg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's that time of the year Jane. Nice job with the coin and the related background.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job, Jane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics on the coin are strong and the background makes the coin pop. Well done Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the lettering Jane.  Did you use some inner shadow as well as the B&E?  It's super sharp and matches the shading of the coin perfectly.  You got ahead of the trend with the pumpkin, as I am sure we'll be seeing a few Halloween based themes in the next SFTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines