• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend — Part 196 — Keep Rolling!

Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you to Dave for allowing me host this week with a photo I took a few weeks ago at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. This is BB-8, the hero droid who aided the Resistance in several Star Wars movies. What will you do with him? Send him to another battle? Or is he ready for some R&R?

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasize this, but the image is not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW196_BB-8.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 130 Replies 130
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14835494429_f6e7d236bc_o copy.jpg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did he create the storm or is he looking for shelter? 🙂

As an aside, that's a very nice storm pic!
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

I currently do not have access to my picture database, so I looked for something dramatic on my flickr account. 

Zeeland

The picture is from Cadzand Bad (NL), and I was just out to take some nice pictures, when the clouds did build up. I hadn't seen BB-8 at that time, but obviously, the robot was bombing my picture, somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoyed wandering through your flickr stream Lucien, and I especially liked the lightning strikes and distant storm above.  If anyone else wants to share, that would be very cool.  I don't take many photos nowadays, but felt obliged to keep paying for a pro acount when flickr made it too hard to make do with a free acount... the crafty wee beggars.  Mean while I had deleted thousnads of images trying to stay under the 1000 limit.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BB8 Cake.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denas, I don't know if you are familiar with our Ged's uploads, but you are challenging him regards your image's 'bizarre' factor.  This upload is really quite unsettling.  If I was five years old and this thing bought me a birthday cake, I'd be hiding behind the sofa faster than our Jane's pet mountain lion could catch and eat an unwary hiker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha thanks, Trevor! Is that Ged Traynor you're talking about? I'm not familiar with their work, would you have a link?

This isn't like my usual work as I usually do digital painting or graphic design and don't often do image collages. If you're curious to see, I'm reworking my page now but it will be live on the 14th. https://denas.me/

PS. Looks like you're on a hike in your profile picture— watch out for any mountain lions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  No hike on that day, although I have done most of New Zealand's tracks, and a good few of it's mountains.  This was a camera club weekend to Karamea and the picture was for a photographic treasure hunt and specifically asked for a 'faceless portrait'.  

image.png

In my defence, I knew I was going to make my head hollow, which might be why I felt able to have that grim expression. 😉  You'll have to hang around to see the results of Ged's imagination.  They can be quite beautiful, but in a strange sort of a way.

Jane, loves to take her pet puma for long mountain hikes, and always feels perfectly safe.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

My beloved mountain lion returns! She first appeared in The Lounge forum five years ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge-discussions/show-us-ur-pets/m-p/9742006

(second post in thread)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Denas. To me, it looks like a robotic cat 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave. My partner also thinks it looks like a cat, I suppose it has been so dubbed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard a noise last night . . .

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's fantastic Euan!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic indeed, Euan.

No less for someone with no BB8 knowledge outside this SFTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it - well done Euan !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great @EuanWilliamson !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BB8Burt

bb8burt.jpg

Writer | Developer | Facilitator | Geek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very dapper he looks too ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marketing idea or maybe what they do with the props when they're done 😉

STFW196-MyraFerguson.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you did to poor BB-8, I'm sure the content of his "head" is yummy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He apparently runs on popcorn! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I know a few people like that 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely go through phases where I run on popcorn. Current snack, however, is cashews. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a very viable new product concept, Myra! You might want to make a submission to Disney Consumer Products, with a tie-in pitch to AMC Theatres to form a partnership for their concession stands ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh.. good idea... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines