• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 197 - Monstrous!

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to @jane-e for creating our last 'BB-8' SFTW challenge, and to all who took part in it.

A couple of weeks ago many folk descended on Loch Ness, in Scotland, to search for the famous monster, which is said to inhabit the loch. No-one found anything, but the legend continues. At 23 miles long and 755 feet deep there is plenty of water there, but over the years there have only been a few grainy and blurry photographs of something in the water.

The following week, I was standing on the shore of the loch on a very calm morning and got to thinking that 'team Photoshop' could help put this right. So this is where you come in.

Can you show us your explanation of what the 'monster' might be or might look like?

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasize this, but the image is not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).
SFTW197_Loch_Ness.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm: that's the real one. I've seen it in pictures. 😂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what we needed - an indistinct picture that would fit in with the 'real' images we see of the 'monster'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool image 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have got suddenly cold there Ronald!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW197_Loch_Ness-JRB.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or perhaps we are our own monsters

SFTW197_Loch_Ness-JRB2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed - I hope, if we see it it is more like your first image than your second JR 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

Maybe the monster is from the dinosaurs era, here's the first image of it as a baby lol

SFTW197_Loch_Ness_valdair_leonardo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out for a paddle at the loch-side 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware the Loch Ness Monster Trucks!

Beware the Loch Ness Monster Trucks!Beware the Loch Ness Monster Trucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one reminds me of a certain Top Gear episode.  I think they actually managed to get to France which is beyond amazing, but I have a feeling that a lot of Top Gear's content was staged, or possibly flat out faked, so we'll take that with a pinch of salt.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what will happen if the loch moves to Iceland. They seem to have a lot of crazy drivers over there! :-0

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote: Can you show us your explanation of what the 'monster' might be or might look like?

I'm pretty sure the monster looks like this:

SFTW197_Loch_Ness JE01.jpg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife tells me that is Cookie Monster, in which case it might as well be a picture of me.  When my doctor put me on cholesterol meds, I thought 'Excellent!  I can eat all the cakes and cookies I like now'.  Unfortunately, by wife, who is a retired nurse, disabused me of that.

Bill Gates was so right with his #1 Rule of Life:  'Life is not fair. Get over it.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my wife, who is a retired nurse, disabused me of that.

By @Trevor.Dennis

I would call that "extremely fortunate", Trevor! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay Jane - that is much friendlier than many of the monsters, and I would be happy to meet this one on the banks of the loch!. Great job with his underwater feet 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a similar but even more scary monster specific to the uk !!

SFTW197_Loch_Ness-blobby-ani.gif

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EuanWilliamson Oh no ! I thought he'd sunk long ago .... ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to Noel Edmunds? 

Bugger!  Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.  Five minutes ago I was happy not knowing what I know now, because this is what I just read on Noel Edmund's Wikipedia entry:

image.png

The only upside is he lives near Auckland, and we barely count the North Island as properly New Zealand, and Auckland...  Well lets just say there is a reason Aucklanders are called JAFAs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EuanWilliamson 

We don't get all of the U.K. shows where I live, so I had to look up Mr. Blobby. Is he always disgusting or did I just catch a bad video?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct @jane-e  he was always disgusting.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goofing around with generative fill

SFTW197_Loch_Ness.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The man on the shore might be thinking 'That's one heck of a figurehead on that boat'.  Until said figurehead turns around and eats the people on the boat.  The man on the shore would be too busy running away to think about anything after that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Nessie avoids attention by leaving unnoticed,

and settling elsewhere (SFTW 52) as Petra, to be hidden in plain sight after folding her wings,

Click/RightClick to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines