Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 23 - Eiffel Tower

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This week's image is brought to you not by me, but by ACP MelissaLA88 , thanks Melissa

It is of course the Eiffel Tower. So - to what use will you put the tower? To where will you transport it? Is it actually a tower or is it something else entirely?

As always:

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW23Tower.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are great, Trevor! Nice attention to detail with the shadows, the jestor's hat, and the blood from those poor souls. There must have been a point to those footprints at the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8701.JPG taken from inside a nearby Museum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

et.jpg

I keep adding things at the top of these and they get cut off 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good use of perspective HW.  I take it you are being ironic about things being cut off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Trevor. No, I put it at the top of the image then realised I can't fit it all in without it going out the top again like last weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HothWampa  wrote

@ Trevor. No, I put it at the top of the image then realised I can't fit it all in without it going out the top again like last weeks

You are allowed to take liberties with the original canvas size.  That's all part of the challenge.  By way of demonstration, the selected area is the canvas I added, and the fill was my very first go with Content Aware Fill.  That's as good a result as I can remember in a while!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it reminded me of something. So, for those old enough to remember ……..SFTW23Filmintro.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simply brilliant Dave, but you are showing your age

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Terri. Of course I don't remember personally. It must have been Trevor.Dennis  that told me about those old black and white films

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember seeing him in the Revenge of the Kiwi Swamp Monster-they hired Trevor for his exceptionally good looks Do you know that it's technically illegal to photograph the Eiffel Tower at night? Perfectly true , I tried to do it a few years ago and was told by a gendarme not too. The reason is the electric light display on the tower is subject to copyright and a royalty is payable to the company involved. During the day it's fine but at night you need a long lens and tripod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Cheers Terri. Of course I don't remember personally. It must have been Trevor.Dennis   that told me about those old black and white films

Dave

No mate.  I looked at it and thought Pathe Films/News which I believe kept folk informed during WWII, but they had the cockerel on the weather vane.

Dave's is a take on RKO Radio Pictures but I believe RKO and Pathe were linked.

The reason Dave thought of the RKO logo is that they collaborated with Walt Disney to produce Dave's favourite film.

A film in which Dave played a pivotal roll, until someone noticed that something wasn't quite right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good Trevor. Dave it could have been worse he could have cast you as 'Dopey'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - classic !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So funny, Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll not be first on that ride HothWampa

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old photos of airship mooring masts have always reminded me of something

Le Blimp Bon Ani.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric  wrote

yes kids party where they pop the ballon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric  wrote

Le Blimp Bon Ani.jpg

LOL,  I'd actually started an air ship version.  It reminds me of Zeppelins and fiery catastrophes, although the Hindenburg would not be an appropriate subject for SFTW.   Unfortunately I am heavily into some DIY projects at the moment, and in the interest of domestic harmony, my computer time has been limited.  The withdrawal is shocking 

Withdrawal.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eiffel schmeiffel...

eiffel-schmeiffel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to rebuild the base, and the perspective's all wrong, but a good excuse for Comic Sans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, Semaphoric, Comic Sans always looks wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Comic Sans always looks wrong!

I think Comic Sans was just overused to the point of becoming the cliche it is now. It's not that bad...?

I have a much more urgent candidate for Most Hated Font. This one is all over the internet:

Impact!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor Comic Sans.  It always gets such a bad press, but in the right context it is the perfect font.   Universally used in speech bubbles, thankfully, less misused in situations like leaflets and websites, and even [shudder] in semi formal documents!  I do sometimes wonder if CS gets the blame for some of its imitators?  Bubblegum Sans, for instance, is truly ugly, and I can't think where it could be used.

Did you know CS has been to aid information retention through disfluency  The reason being — and you'll love this — is because it is difficult to read!  I am not a speed reader, so I'd be interested to hear from those who are, if they can, or can not, parse a page of Comic Sans in the same way they can a fine serif font like Garamond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serifs lead the eye along, which is why serif fonts have high readability. They are extremely efficient.

Serif fell out of favor in the internet age, probably because they didn't render well on low resolution screens. The pixels interfere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines