Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 40 - On the beach

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the great response to last weekend's barber shop challenge. This week we have a real photograph rather than a 3D model scene. It is part of the beach at Balnakeil Bay on the north coast of Scotland. A beautiful, if somewhat remote, spot to visit although the weather is not always exactly tropical.

So, I bring you the beach - what will you add to it to bring it to life?  Pirates, sea creatures, tourists or something else entirely. The choice is , as always, entirely yours.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW40-Beach.jpg

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My proxy is very nimble and sure-footed, Jacob Bugge​. If you had objected to this path, I had three more ideas, none of which were better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no objections to the other way(s) up, Jane. And as I said, I may have been hearing/seeing things.

By the way, this may be seen as an independent confirmation of your sharp(ness) observation, with its view more from above and more towards the (west) southwest,

Google Maps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

By the way, this may be seen as an independent confirmation of your sharp(ness) observation, with its view more from above and more towards the (west) southwest,

Google Maps

Thanks for this great link, Jacob! I enjoyed traversing the area by trackpad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Jane.

Using Firefox, no Chrome, I have no access to Google Earth, only Maps; I know Earth is something quite on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant Google Maps, of course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Who else is a hiker and wants to join me on scaling the bigger rock to the right where we can't see the top in this photo? That would be so awesome!

Hah!  That would be me Jane.  I have done a good few sea cliff routes. This is called Right Angle, it is rated HS 4b, and is at Gurnard's Head in Cornwall.  My partner is at the hardest section of the route, but it was not technically difficult.  Just scary because you can't see your partner for a  lot of the time, and you can't hear each other because of the waves.  It's called Right Angle because you traverse from were I took the picture (while diligently minding the ropes) to the corner, and then  climb vertically. 

After we stepped  out that day, another lad free climbed it.  Brave lad, as it was a bit slippy in places.

I don't remember what the lad at the lower right was doing, but there appears to be some gear behind him, so he might be waiting for the other lad to climb out.  We took a much lower (and more difficult) route, just above the wet rocks a good twenty feet below him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

jane-e   wrote

Who else is a hiker and wants to join me on scaling the bigger rock to the right where we can't see the top in this photo? That would be so awesome!

Hah!  That would be me Jane.  I have done a good few sea cliff routes. This is called Right Angle

I love these photos, Trevor, they look like fun! I imagine that — like me —your climbing days are now happy memoriies? I could still scale the small rock in the SFTW, but not the ones in your photos anymore. And looking at the Google Earth view from Jacob, there is an easier way to the larger cliff coming in from the top and walking straight out.

I made sure both of my kids learned to climb, and my son is quite an expert. My daughter’s girls are getting quite good at it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the poor girl looks cold to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, no, no, Graham—my proxy is hardy!

If you click my profile, you’ll see a second photo of me that my husband took on February 12, 2014 in the Shenandoah Mountains. It was 16°F (-8.9°C) that day, and there was up to 5 inches (127 mm) of ice on the trail. I wasn’t cold, though, and neither is my proxy! I even shed most of my layers while while hiking.
She is just happy to be standing on a rock and looking out to sea. I do thank you for your concern, though!

Here’s my water bottle when we got back down and were getting into the car.

~ Jane

98F1269D-A925-42C9-856E-B96E35AEDAFF.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this week has generated lots of interest

Trevor - I love the menu pinned to the rock. That did make me laugh!

Jacob - you were spot on with the google location - that's the place.

Jane - we'll have to have a game of spot the route

It seems to have been a weekend of hidden messages. So just in case anyone is still struggling to find the alphabet, from the coffee time puzzle in post 18 - here is the solution :

SFTW40-BeachLetters-Solution.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking of films, On the Beach, 2000, little known part of journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines