• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 5 - It's a wrap!

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Doesn't Friday come around quickly?  I've gone for a bit of a technical challenge for this weekend which will hopefully bring out the graphic artists as well as the photo manipulators.

Vehicle wrapping is becoming very popular these days with cars, vans and lorries getting the treatment. The wraps range from simple changes in colour or gloss to clever graphics and full blown images. So the challenge this weekend is:

Take the Lamborghini Gallardo supercar below, which I snapped at a track day in Yorkshire, England. Give it a wrap and move it to a new location to suit its new exterior. Unlike Trevor last week, who was too kind, I haven't provided the mask so it's a good opportunity for anyone new to practice with the pen tool. As Dag pointed out last week, if there is a bit of a story in your image it makes it even more interesting. Above all though - have fun.

As with previous weeks :

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

I've posted the image at reasonable resolution as it can help with composites. When posting back your edited images please downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in full resolution, right click and Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW5-Vehicle-Wrap-Challenge-Feb2018.jpg

Enjoy.

Dave

(If you want to see last week's images they are in this thread : Something For the Weekend 4 )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thats a gorgeous color !! Love the lighting !! Makes a great beach buggy !    Bring on the sun !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt #2

Windows XP (codenamed Whistler) Sales began October 25th, 2001.

Photo background ' Bliss ' by  Charles O'Rear taken in 1996.

Rumor has it Microsoft paid the photographer over $100,000 for the usage in 1998.

I hope Charles doesn't mind my usage of his beautiful capture !

wrap-challenge-wk5b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for a victim to feed the Christmas leftovers.

S-5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rista12, where is the Lamborghini??

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Rista12 , where is the Lamborghini??

I did a double take on that Nancy until I looked closely at the biscuits

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahahahahahah.  I totally missed that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG the car is wrapped in cookie dough !! Awesome !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clever, Rista12!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now something for weekend duffers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A full custom job there Nancy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who lives outside the US, the  Oscar Mayer Weinermobile is an icon most of us remember from childhood.   Wienermobile - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner
That is what I truly wish to be.
'Cause if I were a Oscar Mayer Weiner,
Everyone would be in love with me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I still have a Weinerwhistle someplace.  It played  3 notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After giving the car a metallic paint job it would have been rude not to drive it......

SFTW5Adriving.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love the white stripe... bet that makes it go faster than red cars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some great ideas peeps, and I've learned that Oscar Mayer was not actually a jazz musician after all.

I borrowed the background for my first go as I don't have my plugins installed, (other than Noel's lovely Star Filter Pro).  The rest is all hand drawn.  I couldn't bring myself to change the colour for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so they are stars in front of the moon... or bits of whatever you zapped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep updating it.  My background this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

love the white stripe... bet that makes it go faster than red cars

Of course every driver learns that a stripe is worth another 10bhp. Of course blue cars go faster than red. It's to do with the extra energy in the blue wavelength.......

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i love the blue paint and strippes !!! Beautiful !! Is that you driving it Dave ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loving the inter galactic theme here Trevor. That's an awesome Adobe ship ! Is that what the Creative Cloud looks like up there ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi_Frye  wrote

............Is that you driving it Dave ?

Yes - that's me  It took a bit longer than I thought to get into the driving seat.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weekend is going well so far.

I love Jodi's retro rally feel although in the second picture I do think the spec may have been misinterpreted when the owner asked for the car "windows" tinted. USS Norway's day-glo wrap certainly stands out on that beach. Then there are the full car body modifications with  Nancy's "Wiener-mobile" and Trevor's  Leia ship (I wondered how he would get the lasers into this weekend's theme but he did not let us down ). Finally Rista's image certainly takes the biscuit.

Keep them coming - there is plenty of time left in the weekend. If you have just stumbled across this thread - join in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea Dave the owner wasn't happy since he's an Apple kind of guy. He told me to re do it accordingly. There goes my weekend ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just peed my pants a little by laughing so hard !! OMG... Brilliant !! Ya Weiner 1 .... ha ha ha... Wonderful !! He's got quite the golf cart !! He kind of definitely looks like he has a bobble head

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines