Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 63 - Spring

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This coming week brings us the first days of Spring in the northern hemisphere. So, I thought we should have a suitable spring-time image to start off the weekend. This is Thorp Perrow, near Bedale in North Yorkshire, England.

What will you with it do to mark the beginning of spring?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW63Spring.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired by my very favorite shoes!

Introducing the SFTW Spring collection Flip Flops.

K

Flip-Flop_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our spring includes this family now - Spring means  Mum Dad & kids. Love it! JHfor Dave.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A very uplifting weekend to see all those nice spring images.

Rista - that's a lovely butterfly, did you do it in Illustrator or Photoshop? I had one of those springs when I was, much, younger. We called them Slinkys

Trevor - clever idea ! As for the video , can we unsee it

Ponytail - Another happy dog (or a worn out one). I also like the other image but she appears to have pinched the flowers

Graham - who is he? Have we been photo-bombed ?

KPhotopage - Those made me laugh and are sure to put a spring in your step!

Joan - That's a large family outing !

Thanks all so far - Ged mustn't be back or we would have at least one giraffe!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spirit of spring.....

SFTW63SpringSpirit.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were those books called that were popular 30 years ago? Something like third eye, maybe? You would just stare at the composite image until the hidden image appears.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha!

1SFTW63SpringSpirit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb it was looking at the original picture and seeing the basics of a face that led me to make the sprit image. After that I used a head from fuse as a guide and then the transform tool and liquify filter to bring together the shape and features. It is not immediately obvious but look and the face is there.

Rista - that is part of it that you circled, but there is more.  My daughter couldn't see it at first then suddenly said - "Ah, you can't unsee it once you have seen it"

Slinky has been around a while. I had one about 50 years ago.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could see that the trees were warped and was trying to figure out why. Then all of a sudden the spirit‘s face materialized. And your daughter is right, once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder  wrote Then all of a sudden the spirit‘s face materialized. And your daughter is right, once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

I’m just catching up after a busy day. Agree with Barb and your daugter, Dave, that once you see the Spirit of Spring, you can’t unsee her. It took a minute.

I can’t think of a slinky without seeing it bounce down the stairs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hi

Rista - that's a lovely butterfly, did you do it in Illustrator or Photoshop? I had one of those springs when I was, much, younger. We called them Slinkys

Dave

Thank you, Dave.

I made the butterfly in Photoshop, starting with a schematic drawing by Hemera and adding Strokes, Styles,  color fills and color changes, as I remember.  Made it a while ago though for a birthday card.  All my friends and cousins expect one-of-a-kind cards, keeps me quite busy

I don't think Slinkies existed when I was of an age to play with them, only discovered them recently.

Rista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Graham - who is he?

A 3d me and yes I'm photo-bombing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening here in Oregon  - now. JHsunbather rain.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW63-Spring-deer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well color me obvious.   But with St. Patty's day only a few hours away, I couldn't resist.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW63Spring bath.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesley, I love the lady in the bath.  It is great to have original artwork in these threads.

A reminder for Dave, Ged, and Terri (wherever she has got to).

BTW  I am having to sign back in to the forum every time I come back to it recently.  I have it set to remember me of course.  The timing correlates with when I reinstalled Windows 10, so if someone can confirm it is just me, I'll keep looking into what I have stuffed up.

BTW 2  We are talking about leaving our clocks permanently on Daylight Savin, which would suit me  just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

BTW  I am having to sign back in to the forum every time I come back to it recently.  I have it set to remember me of course. 

I've been experiencing the same thing. Also on Windows 10. Not sure if here was an update recently. I am using a temporary work one as had problems with my main one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dean+Utian  wrote

Trevor.Dennis   wrote

BTW  I am having to sign back in to the forum every time I come back to it recently.  I have it set to remember me of course. 

I've been experiencing the same thing. Also on Windows 10. Not sure if here was an update recently. I am using a temporary work one as had problems with my main one.

Dean, thanks for the heads up.  I'll go see if there is anything about it in the Backroom forum.

Jacob, I was trying to work out why your flames had little black windows, and it was not until I zoomed in that was about to see that they are flame coloured ghosts.  Is that right?  You have definitely taken the bizarre image mantle from Ged.  I at least understand where is coming from with  his images, but half the time I can't work yours out.    You tend to post small pixel sizes as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

It seems that I am far behind today, maybe all the rifts in the space time continuum are crowding round me.

The thread Dave started begins with Forums fall over.

they are flame coloured ghosts.  Is that right?

More than flame coloured. I have never upoladed images, always posted links, so they are stuck within the limits (no clicking option to enlarge), and I have chosen to keep them at 800 (or less to fit a halving or similar) to avoid the need for scrolling, then post a closeup if needed, as here.

It seems that actual monitor size matters; a few years ago, when smoke rose and I had to (after a long time without closing down or even use sleep mode to avoid the lightning and heavy hissing at startup/awakening, and being able to (literally) stick a piece of A4 paper or two up), I switched from the most burglar proof Sony to EIZO, still the good old big 1920 x 1200 size (the GDM-FW900 could go to 2304 x 1440, but I never used that).

half the time I can't work yours out.

Maybe my surprise ought to worry me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nice time reminder Trevor. I was wondering when teh face would appear !

Jacob - we've seen those ghosts before, they must be forum regulars.

Jane - your bee image sems to have set of a new series , with Dean's large Bees and Trevor's Barry Bees.

Chana - that's a nice spring image

Joan - we've had a bit of that weather here this week. Hopefully sun will be restored soon.

Thanks all who have taken part

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Dave, still hiding in rocks, uncannily like those at the waterfall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

We are talking about leaving our clocks permanently on Daylight Savin, which would suit me  just fine.

Trevor, we have fake time 8 out of 12 months now, so we started Daylight Savings Time a week ago. They are talking about making it permanent here. I don't mind the eight months, but  in the winter it would mean I would  drive 50 miles in the dark on icy roads instead of when the sun is out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, Dean,

I am having to sign back in to the forum every time I come back to it recently.

We all are. Dave started a thread about it when it first appeared.

And now we have been on the second round for a while, the next update/downdate hopefully ending it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI all of my postings are original work   Photos and drawings. I thought that was a rule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines