• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes space bar is retained. Have to one more press.

Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Windows10 computer that causes this bug.

I don't know how to reproduce this. However, while working, these symptoms sometimes occur.

As you know, if press and hold "spacebar", can move on image=hand tool.

And If the space bar is released, the hand tool must be released immediately.

In most cases, it works as we know it, as we expect it to work. But sometimes the hand tool's hand shape remains the same. Even if I try to use another tool, it doesn't work because the shape of the hand remains the same.

"To solve this problem, press the space bar again."

It's not a big problem, but it's annoying sometimes. I changed the keyboard because I thought it was a problem with my keyboard, but I sometimes experience that kind of bug on other Windows computers, so I think something is going wrong with Photoshop itself.

My current photoshop version is 23.4.2

spring-loaded tool shortcuts --- off

Deactive Native canvas

Once again, it's not a serious bug. But sometimes it's unnecessary to press the space bar once more, and if you keep having unintended problems, I'm reporting it because it can become a bigger bug later on.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that problem. Trying to reproduce in 23.4.2 without any sucess. Perhaps your key Space bar is getting stuck somehow and for some reason? Can you try using other keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried change Keyboard few times. (Logitech, Razer, Corsair)

And I just checked the symptoms on my laptop.

If I try to reproduce it intentionally, it doesn't show up. I don't know exactly how to reproduce it.

When I tested, the size of the image was generally 24mp~30mp, 8bit working environment, and the number of layers was 1~2.

I checked it because I thought it was related to the fixed key or toggle key setting of Windows 10, but it wasn't.

If look at the space bar only, there seems to be a bug when temporarily use the hand tool and release it.

And as far as I remember, I have experienced this bug not only in 23.4.2 but also in the early version of 2022 version.

At that time, I inadvertently passed by, but I forgot because there was no seriousness while reporting various bugs every time. But I think it's time to report, so I'm reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug that started at least in Photoshop 2022. Because I have installed both Photoshop 2021 and 2022. That bug only appears in 2022.

As the writer said, it's a simple bug that's solved by pressing the space bar key again, but it's very annoying.

This has a significant impact on the speed of the actual workflow, so it should be fixed in the next version (23.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a rather cumbersome issue.

Sometimes it happens while you're working, and sometimes the hand tool is fixed like that as soon as you open the image. Yes, this is a simple problem.
But it's troublesome to solve that bug by pressing the space bar once every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I press the space bar one more time every time. I don't know why this bug is happening. Sometimes the space bar is pressed as soon as the image is opened.

I compared it to Photoshop 2021 this morning, and this is definitely the space bar issue of 2022.

(Photoshop recognizes that the hand tool is used even if the hand tool is not used accurately)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time you open the image, the hand tool is pressed (not simply the hand tool is selected, it is literally being applied). So, if you don't press the space bar again, it will fail. Can't do anything.

In addition, there is a bug like that while photoshopping, so you have to press the space bar once every time. I think you have to press the space bar additionally 50 to 60 times for each photo.

In my opinion, as Photoshop was updated, some time ago, the Configuration - tool had an option called spring load. And since that option came along, there's been a bug. (Of course, there is a bug even if you turn it on or off.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I agree with you I got it only on 2022. looking for a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, some bugs were caused by doing some "action" and otherwise worked as a stopgap. (e.g., do not use any function)

However, this bug starts when the image is opened, and it is very annoying to be maintained even though the space bar (hand tool) has not been pressed. Please fix it quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not hard to press the space bar again. But it's hard to keep doing unnecessary things.

The hand tool is activated from the time the image is opened, and the lock is released only when the space bar is pressed once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

not a serious bug but a very annoying bug if you're a professional user and use to make 100+ more useless space bar usage to solve a software bug. Very annoying to see that Adobe produce more and more bugs in updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently on the most recent version (24.7) and this issue is still happening. Photoshop updated automatically and since then this issue has been destroying my workflow. I did notice it tends to happen with other shortcuts as well, like the color picker. Is there any setting that can be tweaked in order to fix this? Was it ever addressed? Can we get an official answer about this issue? Is the only solution rolling back to the outdated 2021 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this issue too .version 24.7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5-hand-to...

I have reported on this issue and need to roll back to at least a version earlier than 24.5. I recommend 24.0.1. (Currently not fixed until 25.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines