• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Healing Brush issue since latest update...

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My edits are remaining on screen until I click off the layer or move my image? Anyone else having this problem? Latest PS CC 2020 on Mac Catalina 10.15.3. 

See image:

IMG_0176.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Just for your information... I spoke to Adobe. I changed the folder name in ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings to ~/Library/Preferences/old-Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

That fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Hold down option key while selcting "go" in th th top bar on desktop then selct library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Adobe support told me (via Facebook) to reset the spot healing brush. That fixed it for me.

mariend88459528_0-1606038710885.png

(sorry that the screenshot is in Dutch, but I think you'll get the idea of how to do this)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be due to low system specfications or low vga memory....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had an issue before. Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for your information... I spoke to Adobe. I changed the folder name in ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings to ~/Library/Preferences/old-Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

That fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue since the latest update, although I am not finding this folder that is mentioned. 
How would I navigate my way to that?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down option key while selcting "go" in th th top bar on desktop then selct library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is odd, but I also found that double clicking helps and if drawing, just moving the screen will make it disappear and actually take effect, as well. 
Really seems like an odd thing to have to work around since the update. Prior you clicked yoru spot once or drew a line and voila! it worked instantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have a Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.3.

My computer seems to be lot slower now and I thought it might be a memory issue. Not sure what the problem is, but this didn't happen before. As stated above, if you dbl click the spot healing brush when working, it works, or if you move the photo around after using the brush, it works, but it shouldn't be this way, This is a lot of extra unnecessary work. 

I changed the name of the preferences folder as stated above, this seems to work for the time being (as I just did it), but do know that it does reset your whole workspace. If you customized it and rename the preferences folder you will have to rebuild the workspace.Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 9.35.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean.  What is "go?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son helped figure out how to follow these instructions.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't fix the issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the wrong answer, as my sysetm does not have low system specifications or low vga memory, and was performing perfectly well this exact same function for almost the exact same image just a few days ago and suddenly this issue began out of nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and CANNOT figure it out. I've updated and reinstalled Photoshop and it still won't work. Completely happened out of the blue.

If you have heard anything else please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard

I'm having similar problem. Thie error applies to Healing Brush and Spot Healing Brush. With HB, I'm having same thing as You - after I use brush, a black trail remains untlil I touch the picture somewere else, then the trail disappears and the healing effect shows. With Spot HB, when I sample a spot and then apply healing, the coursor cross stays "locked" in the exact spot, where I was sampling and there is no healing effect to where I put it. Then, when I make another sample, the firs one appears to work. HOWEVER, this problem happens when I'm using Wacom Tablet, or tablets, as I tried it with two different devises. When I'm using mous, both tools work just fine. 

For your information, I'm using Mac OS Mojave and PS CS 6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 22.0.0 it is still NOT fixed.
How hard can it be to get a perfectly working feature back in this release? Who broke this functionality??? And why???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 22.0.1 and healing brushes are completely nonfunctional. Soo f***ing tired of every patch introducing new issues. I don't have time for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was me or my equipment.  It is reassuring to know you are having the same problem.  I just wonder how long this problem will be here util it gets resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support told me (via Facebook) to reset the spot healing brush. That fixed it for me.

mariend88459528_0-1606038710885.png

(sorry that the screenshot is in Dutch, but I think you'll get the idea of how to do this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.  Well it sorted out the spot healing brush problem, but the other problem with just using the other option called "Healing Brush" still continues.  Using the option key on the Mac produces the crosshairs, but they do not lock the area selected when I hold option and then L/H click!  If it does click it - which some times it does, I cannot then deselect it.  I am using Apple IOS Ben Sur, not Catalina.  It was okay with Catalina before the upgrade.  Is this the problem or PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I couldn't figure out how to reset the tool, but your screen shot got me there, even though I can't read dutch. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... it fixed the issue for English users it is .... Spothealing->Settings->Rest Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue suddenly, on Windows 10. Have tried all suggestions herein and no joy. Adobe customer service's answer to everything is to reset the preferences and it almost never solves a problem; it only creates more wasted time for us to have to re-build our preferences. I'm so sick of this. Every darned day it's something gone wrong with one Adobe app or another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 5.15.18 PM.png
Same issue with me.  I've tried all of the above "fixes," including Uninstalling and re-installing PS.  
My computer is not the issue - everything is new, up-to-date, and industry standard.  
This is ridiculous.  Just as someone said above, Adobe likes to release patches, new versions, and constantly screwing up the wheel that was once perfect and flawless.  Unbelievable, for a company who already runs a monopoly on the industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm fighting for days with this problem..

This is ultra-frustrating.

Waste of time and and a bit dangerous to manipulate our files with such hazardous tool.

Is there a way to contact Adobe efficiently ? Gosh.

Capture d’écran 2021-04-17 à 16.56.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines