• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid Photoshop Transform Behavior when Vector Layers Are Involved

Mentor ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have several layers selected, and some of them are vector layers, and you try to do a scale transformation on all of them at once, only the vector layers get transformed; the raster layers remain unchanged. You have to deselect all the vector shapes in the Paths palette before it will work. This is stupid and annoying. If I wanted to scale only the vector layers, I would have selected only the vector layers. Also, as you can see in the video, the last vector element (the bottom form field) didn't get selected or scaled with the others, even though its layer was selected. So the whole thing is jacked up and doesn't work in any intelligent or intuitive way.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't replicate it on this end. I have text and image layers, I select some (or all) from the layer stack, and use Command T; scale, and every layer selected is affected. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't about text and images; this is about vector shape layers and raster layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a sample doc to something like Dropbox. 

It would be odd that text (which is a vector) would differ but let's see what you have. 

It's very difficult on this end to clearly see the video:

blury.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video becomes much clearer when you view it in HD. Not sure why only the SD version loaded for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is strange and can replicate it here in both v22 and v23. When you use Ctrl+T it switches to selecting just those paths in the paths panel.  You can get around that issue though by checking 'Show transform controls' in the options bar for the move tool and just dragging the corner handles (rather than using Ctrl+T)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that, in this particular example, there are no raster layers present. This is just the file I happen to be working with at the moment. But nevertheless. It happens very frequently, but not all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote.It happens very frequently, but not all the time.

By @Kris Hunt

That makes bugging it that more difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines