Exit

Text on circular path disappears when I rotate it

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this tutorial for creating text on a circular path:

Type Text in Circle - Photoshop Tutorial Tips - YouTube

However, when I try to move the text and adjust it so it is even, most of the text disappears.  It seems as though there is an issue with crossing the point where I typed the first letter. I've posted a video screen capture below, since it is easier to show than describe:

Photoshop path question - YouTube

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

I notice in your video you have a single arrow next to the text cursor. Can you hover over the text and get an arrow showing up on both sides? That seems to be the main difference to me, and I can reproduce your lost text when I only have the single arrow as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you rotating your text layer created on a circular path in Photoshop may I ask??? Path between two points seen to wrap around more a path from s starting point to an end point and back to the starting point.  I not sure about closed paths  where the starting point is also the end point. If the text length is grater than the path length the text that does not fit on the path is still recorder into the text layer but is not visible.

RotateTextLayer.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move the start point you will also need to move the end point of your text in order to stop it from disappearing.

On your example video I can see the end point sitting on the horizon line. You're losing the whole word when it gets too close to that line.

So move that one around and the text should reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that but I could not get it to move. How do I go about that?  Do I need to change tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transforming the layer may be a easier way for you to rotate your text them messing with the path the text is on.  I also fine using two different size arcs paths easier to use then  using a single circle path with text layer one that path one on the outside the path and other inside the closed path. Text still space is a different manner but look more circular

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice in your video you have a single arrow next to the text cursor. Can you hover over the text and get an arrow showing up on both sides? That seems to be the main difference to me, and I can reproduce your lost text when I only have the single arrow as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sjaani I was not able to get a double arrow, though I did see the arrow switch side. I did manage this time around to move the start marker and get it where I wanted it to go.  Thanks for the assistance.

JJMack​  Thanks for that advice about the two paths. That sounds like a much easier solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines