• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The latest Photoshop CC version supported for Windows 8 (not W8.1)

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. First of all, thanks for your time. Well, i would like to know what the version numbers and build numbers of the latest (really the lastest) version of: Photoshop CC, Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Audition CC supported by Windows 8. Just the last version and builds of each of the following softwares that runs perfectly on Windows 8 before Adobe stop supporting Windows 8.  I'm not talking about Windows "8.1". I'm talking about Windows 8 6.2 build 9200. There's nothing about this on internet, and i don't want to install W10 or 11, but at the same time, i want the very latest version of these softwares to try. Thanks for the help!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The last version compatible with Windows 8.0 was CC 2014, alas there's no download links available for that version of Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Note: Might be slightly inaccurate.)

Here you go:

App Name Version Source
Photoshop CC 2014 (15.0) (?) System requirements | Older versions of Photoshop
Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.0) System requirements | earlier releases (archived version)
After Effects CC 2017.2 (14.2.1) (?) System requirements | earlier releases (archived version)
Audition CC 2017 (below 10.1.0) System requirements | Audition (archived version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again: thanks for your time and kindness. (I'm trying to find a way to answer each reply, but there's no a "answer" button on each reply, then, here we go: You are suggesting me Photoshop cc 2014... it can't be... I'm already using Photoshop cc 21.0.0 (My version is even more updated than the version you are suggesting me, right?), then, it can' be... You are wrong i guess. Remember: i'm using Windows 8 6.2 build 9200 - the very first Windows 8 (core), not Windows 8.1   .But thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer of @Ged_Traynor is correct. The latest version of Photoshop the is officially released is Photoshop CC 2014.

But, this doesn't mean that newer version doesn't run und Windows 8. Newer version can be worked ok or not. You have to test it on a case-by-case basis.

Here you'll find the appropriate system requirements: Photoshop system requirements (adobe.com)

Older versions for download you'll find here: DDL Articles at ProDesignTools

BTW: You know that your Windows version is very old and Microsoft doesn't support it anymore. There are no more patches and updates for security leaks. You take a very high risk when you connect the computer to the Internet.

It's highly recommend to install an actual version of Windows, like 10 or 11 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. Really thanks. I'm using a very old OS because i'm the owner of a very old computer. No way to buy other on this time. No way to update to W10 or 11 because my machine can't handle high end OS, but run W8 smoothly. About security: security of what? No kidding, i'm not an advanced user, but what can happen to my pc? Someone can blow it up from the internet? I I don't save id card, credit card or even logins inside my computer. Well, the MS "security" excuse is bulshit in my opinion. They say this because they want to sell more. Adobe is not different. I have a I7 third gen, 8 ram, 2TB storage and Intel HD 4000 onboard video card. Evertything works perfectly, each PS runs version smoothly till MS stop the Windows 8 support. Okay, everything "evolve" but i can't buy a brand new pc each year, when they decide you are using is "obsolete". Man, i'm not rich. Do you got my point? But, really thanks for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines